Happy Birthday, popfn!Say Happy Birthday to Her

83 percent of Russians think gay people are ‘reprehensible’

Here now: 1 Guest(s)

[Image: GettyImages-900120580_640x345_acf_cropped-2.jpg]

New polling has found that homophobic attitudes have become shockingly prevalent in Russia.

The country has taken a distinct turn against LGBT rights in the past decade, with Vladimir Putin, the Russian Orthodox Church and nationalist vigilantes forming an ‘unholy trinity’ of oppression for gay people. 

Putin signed a ‘gay propaganda’ law in 2013 outlawing “propaganda of non-traditional sexual relationships”, which has been used to stifle any public display of homosexuality or display of support for LGBT rights.

Polling this week, reported in the Moscow Times, found that there has been a chilling effect for opinions about gay people in the country.

Research carried out by independent Russian polling agency the Levada Center found that 83 percent of respondents consider it “always reprehensible” or “almost always reprehensible” for two adults to have gay sex.

This marks a drastic increase from 1998, when just 68 percent found it unacceptable, and 2008, when 76 percent found it unacceptable.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2018/01/11/83-...ehensible/
I ain't one-sided, I'm open-minded
I'm fifty-fifty and I'm never gonna hide it
It takes a lot of political clout to make a country move backwards
1 person likes this: PACMAN
83 percent of Russians surveyed think gay people are ‘reprehensible’
1 person likes this: purple/sky/bubble
I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Man, a lover, a wife, a queen. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits
@YoungCarter
Clap3
how do you deal with someone that has a face so perfect that you want to call their momma everyday and thank her for making him :'(
Should be 100%!

brit
Funny a Russian photographer followed me today
;)  
(01-22-2018, 09:00 PM)Goosey Wrote: @YoungCarter

why you always tag me?
(01-23-2018, 01:46 AM)YoungCarter Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 09:00 PM)Goosey Wrote: @YoungCarter

why you always tag me?

Because it's an article about Russia and you are Russian and maybe you have some interesting comments or thoughts to share Doc 2
(01-23-2018, 02:07 AM)Goosey Wrote:
(01-23-2018, 01:46 AM)YoungCarter Wrote: why you always tag me?

Because it's an article about Russia and you are Russian and maybe you have some interesting comments or thoughts to share Doc 2

I don't tag you everytime when I post Drake songs just because y'all both are Canadians Doc 2