🍰 yc birthday celebrate

Beauty Brand Under Fire for Naming Black Nail Polish ‘Thick As a N*gga’

Here now: 1 Guest(s)

[Image: Screen-Shot-2018-01-20-at-6.49.11-PM.png]

Wycon Cosmetics is under fire for naming a black nail polish shade ‘Thick as a N*gga.’

Yes, you read that right.

We can’t help but think the brand did it solely for the controversy, as their other shades are named way less provocatively.

Wycon defends naming their ‘Thick as a N*gga’ polish, arguing that many of their polishes are inspired by hip-hop such as ‘Bootylicious’ and ‘Candy Shop.’

The company says ‘Thick as a N*gga’ is inspired by a DBangz song called “Thick N*ggas and Anime Tiddies.”

Source
We all keep dreaming, and luckily, dreams come true.
smells like a publicity stunt
2 people like this: Maiko, Tight n Hairy
Ahh
1 person likes this: Mint
[Image: LnYDcm1.png]
The word is censored. I don't see the big deal. rip
I ain't one-sided, I'm open-minded
I'm fifty-fifty and I'm never gonna hide it
I don’t even get it skull
1 person likes this: Maiko
(01-21-2018, 02:54 PM)PACMAN Wrote: smells like a publicity stunt

right? they are unknown and it doesnt even make sense

black people on twitter just be blowin shit up with free promo
1 person likes this: PACMAN
learning to wait till the problems show.

if the problems never show, then you're the one.
(01-21-2018, 08:31 PM)Maiko Wrote: right? they are unknown and it doesnt even make sense

Was Whitenicious by Dencia™ a publicity stunt?
I ain't one-sided, I'm open-minded
I'm fifty-fifty and I'm never gonna hide it
thought this was about Tarte

Rihanna, Lana Del Rey, Banks, Sia, Princess Chelsea, Lorde, The Vaccines, The Neighborhood, Coeur De Pirate, Evanescence, Muse, Fleetwood Mac, Regina Spektor, Sam Smith, George Ezra, James Blake, Lykke Li, Arctic Monkeys, Charli XCX, Florence + TM, Tove Lo, Tove Styrke, Troye Sivan.

The Leftovers, Togetherness, Game Of Thrones, Six Feet Under, Rectify, Bates Motel, Broad City, Transparent, You're The Worst
(01-21-2018, 08:31 PM)Maiko Wrote:
(01-21-2018, 02:54 PM)PACMAN Wrote: smells like a publicity stunt

right? they are unknown and it doesnt even make sense

people on twitter in general blow things up, like the whole logan paul thing or the cash me outside girl.
logan paul ended up way more famous than he's ever been and he's getting a CRAZY amount of subscribers and views (actually more than he used to when he made videos which is unbelievable).
cash me outside got a record deal and now she's dragging iggy on songs.

it's all just too much. twitter has almost a completely useless influence (in terms of adding something positive or functional to the world which is a huge business misfire if you ask me. it's going to bite twitter in the ass so hard once trump is out of office and people have no valid way to get such aggregated anger for one person to give their company a sale, click, whatever).

the only good things are how quickly we now can find out about crimes, laws and stuff (that people would regularly ignore), people connecting to their fave celebrity (but that lowkey cheapened most celebrities' brand), the way minorities and lgbt don't feel as alone in their stuggles, and how they put together the lil protests and marches irl. outside of that, not sure of twitter's use outside making trash people, company's, etc. famous consistently.