🍰 yc birthday celebrate
Poll: CARDI v. B7/BxJ1
CARDI B
BEYONCÉ/BxJ1
I'm rooting for everyone black!!!!!!
[Show Results]
This poll will close on: 06-10-4552
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

CARDI v. B7/BxJ1

Here now: 1 Guest(s)

INVASION OF PRIVACY - CARDI B - APRIL 6th 2018

Cardi had a #1 single in 2017 'Bodak Yellow'
Debut album will be eligible for RIAA GOLD on release day
(based off sales/streams of Bodak Yellow & Bartier Cardi)

TBA - BEYONCÉ or 'B x J' - APRIL/MAY 2018(?)
[Image: DZZdX3dWkAAzyt8.jpg]

Beyoncé also had a #1 single in 2017(which went into 2018) 'Perfect(Duet)'
Previous solo studio album went #1 and selling 485,000 copies in its first week
(653,000 with additional album-equivalent units)

Jay Z last studio album went #1 with 262,000 album-equivalent units, of which 174,000 were pure album sales.

Which of the albums do you think will have a HIGHER first week debut?
1 person likes this: purple/sky/bubble
lol

Cardi will start with 200k maximum
i think cardi will end bey and jay.
the hype for the bey and jay album is low primarily because their last couple collabs suck. they used to make hits easy but now it's like meh.
also for a married couple, they do not musically have much synergy. jay really brings down the quality that bey could get on her own.
cardi also is a streaming darling and the bey/jay project probably will be tidal exclusive which kills all stream potential.
I mean maybe. Cardi B’s music is everywhere right now. Beyoncé and Jay-Z? Not so much. lyr 2
2 people like this: KingBlack, PACMAN
(04-01-2018, 12:03 PM)purple/sky/bubble Wrote: I mean maybe. Cardi B’s music is everywhere right now. Beyoncé and Jay-Z? Not so much. lyr 2

be careful literally #1 itunes for like a day (with competition from weeknd), top 10 apple music, and top 20 spotify (without payola)
she's kinda a thing somehow
bey and jay z? not so much (as long as they keep icing out the streaming services which makes them divided from the generation that streams music now)
(04-01-2018, 02:06 PM)PACMAN Wrote:
(04-01-2018, 12:03 PM)purple/sky/bubble Wrote: I mean maybe. Cardi B’s music is everywhere right now. Beyoncé and Jay-Z? Not so much. lyr 2

be careful literally #1 itunes for like a day (with competition from weeknd), top 10 apple music, and top 20 spotify (without payola)
she's kinda a thing somehow
bey and jay z? not so much (as long as they keep icing out the streaming services which makes them divided from the generation that streams music now)

Yeah like I am never ever ever going to get Tidal (unless they add a student membership for half off lol ) but whereas Cardi B is trying to establish herself as a brand, B&J are using their own platinum diamond brands for art and personal expression. I’m sure they can and will both sell millions of more records, it’s just that they’re so beyond that now.

I also think that Beyoncé and Jay-Z are going to increasingly divest into projects other than music. ATM they’re both my write-ins for president and vice-president 2020, respectively.
1 person likes this: PACMAN