🎇 Happy New Year from popfn!

Can Ciara make a Comeback?

Here now: 1 Guest(s)

Ciara is one artist who's peak was their debut('Goodies') and second album(The Evolution') after that she only had one big hit in 2014's 'Body Party' and 2015's 'I Bet'(which went Platinum with NO rap feature).
[Image: tenor.gif]
Surprisingly though even with 4 consecutive under performing albums
('Fantasty Ride', 'Basic Instinct', 'Ciara' & 'Jackie') She continued to be signed

[Image: cici.jpg]

Eventually she was dropped by both RCA & Epic Records respectively.. Ciara once again was given another opportunity in a new record deal with WB Records

[Image: ciara-wb-signing-billboard-1548.jpg]

With this 3rd chance of a comeback what does Ciara need to bring to be a chart force she once was in the 00's and briefly in 2014.

[Image: HTTP2k0NS50aW55cGljLmNvbS8yeW41ZWExLmpwZwloglog.gif]
I like her, but no.
(10-15-2017, 01:20 PM)Loose Rap Wrote: I like her, but no.

Yet she STORMED with 'Body Party' in 2014 never underestimate Ci.
2 people like this: Michael Jackson, purple/sky/bubble
Everyone is flopping now so I don’t see why not.
1 person likes this: Michael Jackson
Making Popfn a Better Place
(10-15-2017, 01:27 PM)Keith Wrote: Everyone is flopping now so I don’t see why not.

that's the spirit Ci always rises .
(10-15-2017, 01:27 PM)Keith Wrote: Everyone is flopping now so I don’t see why not.

Because there’s no space for her in the market. Beyoncé has the urban audience and rihanna has the pop one.
(10-15-2017, 02:44 PM)Loose Rap Wrote:

Because there’s no space for her in the market. Beyoncé has the urban audience and rihanna has the pop one.

And? People can like multiple artists.
Making Popfn a Better Place
she should do an edm feature. could get her a quick top 10 hit
We all keep dreaming, and luckily, dreams come true.
Unless she can top "1, 2, Step", no.

Just kidding. I'm not familiar enough with Ciara to say yes or no, really. I checked out some of her music videos from her Jackie era and they didn't really grab me, but I can't say I disliked (or liked) them. I was in the middle. The live performances I have seen from her...She doesn't have much stage presence to mask her lack of vocal talent, so I believe her best bet in staying relevant is focusing on modeling and becoming some sort of lifestyle mogul. She knows how to work the camera, clothes, and her body, and she IS stunning, so...
[Image: giphy.gif]
---
KING OF AFRICA | KING OF POP | GOD OF MUSIC AND DANCE | GUARDIAN OF POPFN
T H E . L E G E N D . F O R M E R L Y . K N O W N . A S . V A N D R O S S
(10-15-2017, 03:15 PM)Michael Jackson Wrote: Unless she can top "1, 2, Step", no.

Just kidding. I'm not familiar enough with Ciara to say yes or no, really. I checked out some of her music videos from her Jackie era and they didn't really grab me, but I can't say I disliked (or liked) them. I was in the middle. The live performances I have seen from her...She doesn't have much stage presence to mask her lack of vocal talent, so I believe her best bet in staying relevant is focusing on modeling and becoming some sort of lifestyle mogul. She knows how to work the camera, clothes, and her body, and she IS stunning, so...

[Image: tumblr_mloti8lyRW1r9klzlo1_400.gif]
(10-15-2017, 03:08 PM)Keith Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 02:44 PM)Loose Rap Wrote: Because there’s no space for her in the market. Beyoncé has the urban audience and rihanna has the pop one.

And? People can like multiple artists.

And? You have to be liked to have an audience, and Ciara clearly lost hers, sooo...
Not with albums like Jackie, but yeah, she just has too much energy
(10-15-2017, 06:10 PM)purple/sky/bubble Wrote: Not with albums like Jackie, but yeah, she just has too much energy

skull
We have to realize that education has but one honorable purpose. One alone. Everything else is a waste of time: that is to train the student to be a proper handler of power. Being Black and beautiful means nothing until ultimately you're Black and powerful.The world is ruled by power, not Blackness and not beauty.
No. She's been a huge flop for too long now. We're talking about 4 flop eras in a row
1 person likes this: Loose Rap
and the songbirds are singing, like they know the score
(10-15-2017, 07:23 PM)Godspeed Wrote: No. She's been a huge flop for too long now. We're talking about 4 flop eras in a row

Yet this is what her 3rd Label and opportunity had to say when THEY signed her.

Quote:We welcome Ciara to Warner Bros. Records and look forward to the next chapter of her storied music career," said Cameron Strang, Chairman and CEO, Warner Bros. Records, in a statement.

Ciara, formerly signed to Epic Records, brings an impressive resume to her new label. During her 13-year career, Ciara has sold over 23 million albums and 16 million singles including the Hot 100 No. 1 "Goodies" and the top 10 hits "Oh," "1, 2 Step," "Get Up" and "Love Sex Magic." Her 2015 album, Jackie, also spawned the platinum single "I Bet."

Seems like they still think she can be profitable. BLOOP!

[Image: giphy.gif]