🍹 still enjoying YoungCarter's birthday? join the party

China Bans 'Hip Hop Culture' From Television

Here now: 1 Guest(s)

[Image: g7e4vlo1kjtjdjvlk3ty]

The Chinese government has banned “hip hop culture” from television, Sina reports.

The State Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Film and Television of the People’s Republic of China (SAPPRFT) announced the news late last week.

The hip hop ban is part of a larger set of new rules meant to champion traditional virtues. SAPPRFT wrote that from now on it “requires that programs should not feature actors with tattoos, hip hop culture, subculture (non-mainstream culture) and dispirited culture (decadent culture)."

Following this proclamation, SAPPRFT’s publicity director, Gao Changli, added four more new rules to the above. They are as follows:

Absolutely do not use actors whose heart and morality are not aligned with the party and whose morality is not noble

Absolutely do not use actors who are tasteless, vulgar and obscene

Absolutely do not use actors whose ideological level is low and have no class

Absolutely do not use actors with stains, scandals and problematic moral integrity
Time reports that several Chinese rappers have already found themselves censored under the ban.

GAI, a rapper known for his C-Trap style that blends trap with traditional Chinese music, was fired from Hunan TV’s music competition program Singer. All references to GAI, except for his appearance in that show’s trailer, have been scrubbed from Hunan TV’s YouTube page.

https://blavity.com/china-bans-hip-hop-c...ign=buffer
learning to wait till the problems show.

if the problems never show, then you're the one.
when i read it i was like "what the hell?"

sure because of the internet it's unstoppable anyway but this ban cuts them off TV and official press hence they can't reach the bigger audience
1 person likes this: GrandmomCookies
Good.
I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Man, a lover, a wife, a queen. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits
Sounds like a good thing to me!
1 person likes this: Typhoid Mary
[Image: LnYDcm1.png]