🍰 yc birthday celebrate

'Despacito' Ties for Second-Longest-Leading Hot 100 No. 1 of All Time

Here now: 1 Guest(s)

[Image: 04-Luis-Fonsi-Despacito-ft.-Daddy-Yankee...d-1548.jpg]

With a 14th week at No. 1, Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee's smash, featuring Justin Bieber, also matches "Macarena" for the longest-reigning predominantly non-English language No. 1.

Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee's "Despacito," featuring Justin Bieber, ties for the second-longest command in the 59-year history of the Billboard Hot 100, leading the list (dated Aug. 26) for a 14th week.

The track also equals the longest run at No. 1 for a primarily non-English language hit, tying the 14-week rule of Los Del Rio's "Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix)" in 1996. "Despacito" additionally matches the mark for the longest stay atop the Streaming Songs chart: also 14 weeks.

"Despacito" (released on Universal Music Latino / Raymond Braun / SchoolBoy / Def Jam / UMLE / Republic Records) becomes one of an elite nine singles to have led the Hot 100 for at least 14 weeks, dating to the chart's Aug. 4, 1958, inception. It logs the longest lead since Mark Ronson's "Uptown Funk!," featuring Bruno Mars, reigned for 14 weeks in 2015. Only Mariah Carey and Boyz II Men's "One Sweet Day" has spent more time on top: 16 weeks in 1995-96.

More "Despacito" domination: the track tops the Streaming Songs chart for a record-tying 14th week, with 49.4 million U.S. streams (down 1 percent) in the week ending Aug. 10. It matches the 14-week reign of Desiigner's "Panda" in 2016. On Radio Songs, however, "Despacito" drops to No. 2 after five weeks on top with 134.6 million in all-format airplay audience (down 4 percent) in the week ending Aug. 13.

"Despacito" tallies a 28th week atop the Hot Latin Songs chart and extends its reign on the Songs of the Summer survey to 11 weeks, having led the latter list each week since its annual return after Memorial Day.

Source
We all keep dreaming, and luckily, dreams come true.
I hope it doesn't break Mariah's record osgwel
(08-14-2017, 03:36 PM)Vertigo Wrote: I hope it doesn't break Mariah's record osgwel

Hopefully Kimmy sends his missiles before it even gets to that point.
Fuck yall.
(08-14-2017, 03:36 PM)Vertigo Wrote: I hope it doesn't break Mariah's record osgwel

It doesn't have any competition
2 people like this: Santanico, Maiko
I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Man, a lover, a wife, a queen. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits
(08-14-2017, 03:43 PM)Daemon Wrote:

Hopefully Kimmy sends his missiles before it even gets to that point.

So you want the USA to be bombed? Teezy
We all keep dreaming, and luckily, dreams come true.
I really want Despacito to break the record. I mean, this record is as old as me, I need something new Yeshrug
(08-14-2017, 04:00 PM)Rainbow Wrote:
(08-14-2017, 03:43 PM)Daemon Wrote: Hopefully Kimmy sends his missiles before it even gets to that point.

So you want the USA to be bombed? Teezy

at least Spotify head quarters. Rather that then Bieber get the record
Fuck yall.