🎇 Happy New Year from popfn!
Poll: Did K.Michelle Replace Keyshia?
Yes, Keyshia is dated and K.Michelle is fresh
Maybe, but Keyshia had a bop each era don't act.
No. Keyshia is 7 albums in and has songs that STICK LIKE GRITS!
[Show Results]
This poll will close on: 03-19-2034
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Did Keyshia get replaced by K.Michelle?

Here now: 1 Guest(s)

Keyshia last hit was this year's 'You' and prior to that in 2012's 'Trust and Believe' between those 5 years K.Michelle released 3 successful albums effectively snatching Keyshia's RNB fanbase.

Why did the RNB fans stop using Keyshia after her 'Woman to Woman'(5th Studio Album) 'A Different Me'(3rd Studio Album) era?

Below are all the released singles from the upcoming album '11:11 Reset'(7th Studio Album)

There’s more than enough room for both of them it’s just that Keyshia’s music got kinda stale after that album that featured the Faith Evans duet. K. Michelle always DELIVERT!
1 person likes this: Maiko
(I lied, Woman to Woman has about 4 good songs, and her last album has 1 song I use)
1 person likes this: Maiko
K. Michelle brought a different kind of real and honesty to her music. She was unapologetic about everything but still earned her Respec as woman.

She never really cared about radio, which is why she can sing about fucking some guy like she's trying to pay bills.

Keyshia Cole's voice sounds real, like she carries a lot of pain. But that's just because she a crack baby. Her music wasn't never really bought shit.
1 person likes this: Prince
We have to realize that education has but one honorable purpose. One alone. Everything else is a waste of time: that is to train the student to be a proper handler of power. Being Black and beautiful means nothing until ultimately you're Black and powerful.The world is ruled by power, not Blackness and not beauty.
(10-14-2017, 03:44 AM)Prince Wrote: (I lied, Woman to Woman has about 4 good songs, and her last album has 1 song I use)

After Calling all Lovers she didn't have consistent albums. I agree the last two only had one or two songs worth listening to.

(10-14-2017, 05:57 AM)Nigga Wrote: K. Michelle brought a different kind of real and honesty to her music. She was unapologetic about everything but still earned her Respec as woman.

She never really cared about radio, which is why she can sing about fucking some guy like she's trying to pay bills.

Keyshia Cole's voice sounds real, like she carries a lot of pain. But that's just because she a crack baby. Her music wasn't never really bought shit.

You will not come for Queen Cole. I think Keyshia biggest issue was that she started writing all her own music and was given more creative control it doesn't always translate well with the content at hand.

After her 3rd album she went in a more upbeat direction but she still had a hit with Calling All Lovers. However by the time she did Point of No Return it was like a poor attempt at recreating her first two eras and it failed miserably. I hope with this upcoming era we get more of a structured Keyshia without her writing and more focus on the lyrical content and less trying to sound 'hip'.