Fargo | S3 Premieres TONIGHT!

Here now: 1 Guest(s)

[Image: FOwIKLL.jpg]

Network: FX
Airs: Wed. at 10:00 pm
Series Premiere: April 15th, 2014
Total: 3 seasons, 30 episodes
Genres: Anthology, Crime, Drama, Romance, Mystery, Thriller

An American black comedy–crime drama anthology television series created and primarily written by Noah Hawley. The show is inspired by the 1996 film of the same name written and directed by the Coen brothers, who serve as executive producers on the series. Each season follows an anthology format, being set in a different era along with a different story, cast and set of characters.

Season 3: April 19th

Set in 2010, the third installment of Fargo centers on "Emmit" and his slightly younger brother "Ray Stussy" (Ewan McGregor). Emmit, the Parking Lot King of Minnesota, sees himself as an American success story, whereas Ray is more of a cautionary tale. Forever living in his more successful brother's shadow, Ray is a balding and pot-bellied parole officer with a huge chip on his shoulder about the hand he's been dealt - and he blames his brother. Their sibling rivalry follows a twisted path that begins with petty theft but soon leads to murder, mobsters and cut-throat competitive bridge. Carrie Coon stars as "Gloria Burgle," the steady chief of the local police department. A newly divorced mother, Gloria is trying to understand the new world around her, where people connect more intimately with their phones than with the people around them. Mary Elizabeth Winstead stars as Ray's girlfriend, "Nikki Swango," a crafty and alluring recent parolee with a passion for competitive bridge. David Thewlis stars as "V.M. Vargas," a mysterious loner and true capitalist whose bosses plan to partner with Emmit, whether "The Parking Lot King" likes it or not.

if you're not watching this show you take an L.

S1 trailer

S2 trailer

1 person likes this: YoungCarter
(05-28-2016, 12:52 PM)Maiko Wrote: GoT is awful. I really don't get why they are so obsessed with it. The most overrated show of all time.

[Image: rmRrLcr.gif]
my favorite show on TV atm Rejoice
it sucks that we have to wait longer for S3 Mjcry1
1 person likes this: Tee
(06-16-2016, 02:12 AM)YoungCarter Wrote: my favorite show on TV atm Rejoice

It's gonna be worth it though no doubt in my mind, Noah Hawley only knows QUALITY.

Rewatching atm, forgot how great the first season was omg.

Snatched
(05-28-2016, 12:52 PM)Maiko Wrote: GoT is awful. I really don't get why they are so obsessed with it. The most overrated show of all time.

(06-16-2016, 06:41 AM)Tee Wrote:
(06-16-2016, 02:12 AM)YoungCarter Wrote: my favorite show on TV atm Rejoice

It's gonna be worth it though no doubt in my mind, Noah Hawley only knows QUALITY.

Rewatching atm, forgot how great the first season was omg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brYkhF2GOvA

Snatched

omg this scene Banderas

The 1st season was really great but the 2nd completely left me baldSnatched
Everything was perfect, even color correction
(06-16-2016, 06:57 AM)YoungCarter Wrote: omg this scene Banderas

Yeah, everyone was scalped by the 2nd season skull

I dunno how he does it, but if the 3rd season somehow tops the 2nd... rip

True Detective should've taken notes!

He (show creator & writer) did a Reddit Ask Me Anything yesterday: https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/4...er_of_fxs/

Some nice tidbits!!

And his taste in TV is just immaculate, he stans for Peaky Blinders which is another classic on TV atm.

(06-16-2016, 08:02 AM)Tee Wrote:
(06-16-2016, 06:57 AM)YoungCarter Wrote: omg this scene Banderas

Yeah, everyone was scalped by the 2nd season skull

I dunno how he does it, but if the 3rd season somehow tops the 2nd... rip

True Detective should've taken notes!

I honestly see S3 being better than S2, they have time and Fargo universe is spacious to create another interesting story.

I love True Detective but S2 was a huge mess. Mjcry1
Noah Hawley is also doing Legion show. Ohhh
I wonder how he will handle X-Men. khaled
(06-16-2016, 08:08 AM)YoungCarter Wrote: I honestly see S3 being better than S2, they have time and Fargo universe is spacious to create another interesting story.

I will not be prepared if it's better than S2... Not Fargo snatching wigs already Ahh

I actually like TD S2 more than most people. I don't think it was horrible. I think too many protagonists is what made it tank.

(06-16-2016, 08:12 AM)YoungCarter Wrote: Noah Hawley is also doing Legion show. Ohhh
I wonder how he will handle X-Men. khaled

It will SNATCH Daredevil as the best comic show frfr.

(06-16-2016, 08:23 AM)Tee Wrote:
(06-16-2016, 08:08 AM)YoungCarter Wrote: I honestly see S3 being better than S2, they have time and Fargo universe is spacious to create another interesting story.

I will not be prepared if it's better than S2... Not Fargo snatching wigs already Ahh

I actually like TD S2 more than most people. I don't think it was horrible. I think too many protagonists is what made it tank.

Yes, after S1 that was staged perfectly, so many characters in S2 felt like a headache. Plus I think it was a mistake to hire Justin Lin to do first episodes, his episodes were the weakest in the season.
(06-16-2016, 08:31 AM)YoungCarter Wrote: Yes, after S1 that was staged perfectly, so many characters in S2 felt like a headache. Plus I think it was a mistake to hire Justin Lin to do first episodes, his episodes were the weakest in the season.

!!! And why didn't Cary Fukunaga direct any episodes?? Was that ever discussed? TD maybe should've taken a break. Just Colin & Rachel could've been great.

(06-16-2016, 09:44 AM)Tee Wrote:
(06-16-2016, 08:31 AM)YoungCarter Wrote: Yes, after S1 that was staged perfectly, so many characters in S2 felt like a headache. Plus I think it was a mistake to hire Justin Lin to do first episodes, his episodes were the weakest in the season.

!!! And why didn't Cary Fukunaga direct any episodes?? Was that ever discussed? TD maybe should've taken a break. Just Colin & Rachel could've been great.

Like why did they think that Fast & Furious director can handle TD? But I think that HBO clearly wanted to do the 2nd season as soon as possible.

Colin's moustache became iconic lmao.
Mary Elizabeth Winstead joined the cast. Ohhh

we are about to get 3/3 nas
(09-19-2016, 10:48 AM)YoungCarter Wrote: Mary Elizabeth Winstead joined the cast. Ohhh

we are about to get 3/3 nas

Gonna rewatch the show soon.

Pressed about it being snubbed.