🍹 still enjoying YoungCarter's birthday? join the party

Fewer young adults getting HIV tests

Here now: 1 Guest(s)

Fewer young adults getting HIV tests, here's why

(CNN)Young people seem to be less likely to get tested for HIV than older adults, and a new study now reveals the reasons why.

In the United States, 38.8% of women and 53.8% of men aged 15 to 44 reported they had never been tested for HIV outside of donating blood or blood products between 2011 and 2015, according to a new study published in the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's National Health Statistics Reports on Thursday (PDF).
Yet among those 15 to 24, the percentage who reported they had never been tested soared to 63.9% of women and 73.7% of men.

The most common reason reported by women and men for having never been tested was that they thought they were "unlikely to have been exposed to HIV," according to the study.

"It was very interesting to see that the percentages of never been tested was significantly lower for women compared with men. And, never been tested for HIV was lower among those who had any HIV risk-related sexual or drug behaviors in the past year compared with those who did not report these behaviors," said Isaedmarie Febo-Vazquez, a researcher at the CDC and first author of the study.

--

When the data were examined by race, the researchers found HIV testing prevalence dropped among young white women from 37.2% in 2011 to 33.9% in 2013, and among young black women from 68.9% in 2011 to 59.9% in 2013.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/25/health/hi...index.html
learning to wait till the problems show.

if the problems never show, then you're the one.
Get tested gays

https://www.cnn.com/2016/10/20/health/st...index.html

I heard it's not that serious these days. Intentionally infecting people is only a misdemeanor in California.
I ain't one-sided, I'm open-minded
I'm fifty-fifty and I'm never gonna hide it
Everyone is on prep fff
[Image: LnYDcm1.png]
That's honestly fucking disgusting
We all keep dreaming, and luckily, dreams come true.
(01-26-2018, 08:58 PM)Rebellious Sissy Wrote: Everyone is on prep fff

Prep isn't even effective there's been tons of cases of ppl becoming hiv positive even on prep
We all keep dreaming, and luckily, dreams come true.
(01-27-2018, 01:52 AM)Rainbow Wrote:
(01-26-2018, 08:58 PM)Rebellious Sissy Wrote: Everyone is on prep fff

Prep isn't even effective there's been tons of cases of ppl becoming hiv positive even on prep

there's been like 3 tbh.

(01-27-2018, 01:59 AM)Maiko Wrote:
(01-27-2018, 01:52 AM)Rainbow Wrote: Prep isn't even effective there's been tons of cases of ppl becoming hiv positive even on prep

there's been like 3 tbh.

3 tons?
I ain't one-sided, I'm open-minded
I'm fifty-fifty and I'm never gonna hide it
rip
[Image: LnYDcm1.png]
I'm getting tested for the first time on Tuesday.
1 person likes this: maikhoe
Wenn ich ein vorspiel gewollt hätte, dann hätte ich es gesagt.