Happy Birthday, popfn!Say Happy Birthday to Her

Halsey becomes black on twitter, attacks hotels

Here now: 1 Guest(s)

(04-30-2018, 02:30 PM)Talking_Lip Wrote:
(04-28-2018, 01:45 PM)PACMAN Wrote: the white people being so mad at her is showing how anti-black y’all really are.

people forget halsey is biracial (even tho she mentions it every 2.5 seconds). if she’s discussing an actual issue that would effect her black side, why are people jumping so hard to invalidate it?

is that necessary? you could keep it pushing but the unwarranted ANGER which people try to “clapback” at her complaints with just looks like self-incrimination.

iggy

She's not biracial. Her father is biracial, and her mom is white. At most, she is 25% black. That's assuming her dad's black parent was 100% black, which isn't likely.

wrong. first of all, race doesn’t work like this. can people stop with this % bs? you can’t even trace race like that. ethnicity yes not race. that’s why those ancestory websites do ethic tracing not racial. if you can’t distinguish the two for this convo, then don’t have it.

second of all, i just googled and read three separate sources. her father is predominantly aftican american with some sort of irish background. everything i’ve read makes it seem like he’s definitely black af and he looks like it too so idk what the argument here is. halsey is still biracial, she still has a point from her experience.

iggy
Really sad seeing this nubi8an qween being attacked. #PutBlackWoemenFirst
1 person likes this: XXX MAIKO
"Yuh mudda cyat 3rd world!" - Trini to French Montana.
(04-30-2018, 03:39 PM)PACMAN Wrote:
(04-30-2018, 02:30 PM)Talking_Lip Wrote: She's not biracial. Her father is biracial, and her mom is white. At most, she is 25% black. That's assuming her dad's black parent was 100% black, which isn't likely.

wrong. first of all, race doesn’t work like this. can people stop with this % bs? you can’t even trace race like that. ethnicity yes not race. that’s why those ancestory websites do ethic tracing not racial. if you can’t distinguish the two for this convo, then don’t have it.

second of all, i just googled and read three separate sources. her father is predominantly aftican american with some sort of irish background. everything i’ve read makes it seem like he’s definitely black af and he looks like it too so idk what the argument here is. halsey is still biracial, she still has a point from her experience.

iggy

She's a Caucasian, with Caucasian hair.
gmc

Idk why blacks stay tryna claim these spicy whites
1 person likes this: PACMAN
Woahvicky is black tho . lyr
2 people like this: PACMAN, XXX MAIKO
(04-30-2018, 02:30 PM)Talking_Lip Wrote: She's not biracial. Her father is biracial, and her mom is white. At most, she is 25% black. That's assuming her dad's black parent was 100% black, which isn't likely.

'Percent black' is not a thing.

Quote:A race is a grouping of humans based on shared physical or social qualities into categories generally viewed as inherently distinct by society. Modern scholarship regards race as a social construct ... race is not an inherent physical or biological quality.

Scientists consider biological essentialism obsolete, and generally discourage racial explanations for collective differentiation in both physical and behavioral traits.

... there is a broad scientific agreement that essentialist and typological conceptualizations of race are untenable ...

... among humans, race has no taxonomic significance ...

Human genetic variation is predominantly within races, continuous, and complex in structure, which is inconsistent with the concept of genetic human races.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_(huma...sification
I ain't one-sided, I'm open-minded
I'm fifty-fifty and I'm never gonna hide it
(04-30-2018, 06:05 PM)Talking_Lip Wrote: Woahvicky is black tho . lyr

you're CANCELLED.
iggy
1 person likes this: XXX MAIKO
(04-30-2018, 08:25 PM)Goosey Wrote:

'Percent black' is not a thing.

Quote:A race is a grouping of humans based on shared physical or social qualities into categories generally viewed as inherently distinct by society. Modern scholarship regards race as a social construct ... race is not an inherent physical or biological quality.

Scientists consider biological essentialism obsolete, and generally discourage racial explanations for collective differentiation in both physical and behavioral traits.

... there is a broad scientific agreement that essentialist and typological conceptualizations of race are untenable ...

... among humans, race has no taxonomic significance ...

Human genetic variation is predominantly within races, continuous, and complex in structure, which is inconsistent with the concept of genetic human races.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_(huma...sification

you couldn't just quote my post and give me credit for my intelligence?
must you one up me with a sourced link?
iggy