Happy Birthday, popfn!Say Happy Birthday to Her

It's Black History Month!

Here now: 1 Guest(s)

[Image: Black-History-Month-2017-Image.jpg]

Drop some knowledge about one of your favorite contributors to black history.

NO TROLLING!
how do you deal with someone that has a face so perfect that you want to call their momma everyday and thank her for making him :'(
Mine goes to Huey P. Newton

[Image: 3007-004-F3818115.jpg]

The Founder of the Black Panthers.

Probably best recognized in this iconic picture

[Image: huey-p-newton-04.jpg]

He gave me one of my favorite poems

[Image: 3e8c52_4ea3a3bd68ee48368459c7e68d1e3a4c~mv2.jpg]

and the quote in my signature!

It is not that our ego is too large; the problem is that our ego is too small.

which, in my opinion, has to do with our lack of knowing how much power we possess for change in the world, and thus causing irresponsibility.
1 person likes this: Talking_Lip
how do you deal with someone that has a face so perfect that you want to call their momma everyday and thank her for making him :'(
[Image: portrait.jpg]

Malcolm X's mother had some scottish ancestry, and Malcolm said she "looked like a white woman"
1 person likes this: Talking_Lip
going to sound cliche but:

- American abolitionist
- humanitarian,
- armed scout and spy for the US Army during the American Civil War

remember reading this in school lmao:

[Image: 0117619.jpeg]
1 person likes this: XXX MAIKO
[Image: 27df03b2-a5bf-4d5d-8939-ea91ff9cacbe-tum...o2_540.gif]
(02-01-2018, 11:07 AM)Maiko Wrote: Probably best recognized in this iconic picture

[Image: huey-p-newton-04.jpg]

Cool Mossberg. Isn't this guy a murderer though?
I ain't one-sided, I'm open-minded
I'm fifty-fifty and I'm never gonna hide it
We had a victory this Black History Month with Black Panther setting the world on fire but we haven't achieved all our goals yet. We shouldn't be happy until black movies are breaking and setting box office records MONTHLY. Our movies being successful shouldn't be an event, it should be the STANDARD. takeitoutside
I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Man, a lover, a wife, a queen. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits
[Image: EVPB8EE.jpg]

gil scott-heron was a spoken word performer and sometimes is considered one of the progenitors of rap.

the subject of his poetry often dug deep into racial stigma, he examined beyond the surface level of prejudice and into institutionalized prejudice, the way that black people were affected as a whole as opposed to a case by case basis

his most famous work is the revolution will not be televised, but his song comment #1 was sampled and rearranged for the final song of my beautiful dark twisted fantasy.

i dont care for kanyes take on it because kanye changes the subject less from race and more to general alienation at american society. i think that the true punchline of the entire piece makes it far better as a whole than cut up and re arranged. in response to the existence of the SDS, he attacks it for being a passing fad lead by white people to look more sensitive to racial issues

"i say, you silly chipe motherfucker. your great grandfather tied a ball and chain to my balls and bounced me through a cotton field while i lived in an unflushable toilet bowl, and now you want me to help you overthrow what?"

anyone interested please listen to "small talk at 125th and lenox"
2 people like this: YoungCarter, XXX MAIKO
Months later and this is still a pinned thread. Black Power is in full effect year-round.
[Image: giphy.gif]
---
KING OF AFRICA | KING OF POP | GOD OF MUSIC AND DANCE | GUARDIAN OF POPFN
T H E . L E G E N D . F O R M E R L Y . K N O W N . A S . V A N D R O S S