Extremely excited to announce: YC's Birthday! 🎂🎁🎈 🎉Say Happy Birthday

JAY-Z Scores 14th No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 Chart With '4:44'

Here now: 1 Guest(s)

[Image: 05-jay-z-2016-barclays-billboard-1548.jpg]

JAY-Z collects his 14th No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 chart, as his latest release, 4:44, debuts atop the tally. According to Nielsen Music, in the week ending July 13, the set earned 262,000 equivalent album units -- a larger-than-initially-expected sum, and the fourth-largest week of 2017 for any album. Of its total, 174,000 units were in traditional album sales.

4:44’s No. 1 arrival extends JAY-Z’s record as the solo artist with the most No. 1 albums in the 61-year history of the Billboard 200 chart. He distances himself farther ahead of the two acts with the second-most leaders among soloists: Bruce Springsteen and Barbra Streisand, who each have 11 chart-toppers. Among all acts, JAY-Z has the second-most leaders, behind only The Beatles, which have 19 No. 1s.

JAY-Z also furthers his own record as the artist with the most debuts at No. 1 on the Billboard 200, as all 14 of his albums have bowed in the top slot. (Springsteen has the second-most No. 1 debuts, with eight.)

Despite 4:44’s absence from Spotify, the album still generated the fourth-biggest streaming debut of 2017. Of its total 262,000-unit start, 7,000 were in TEA units, while SEA units represented 82,000 units. The latter sum equals 122.4 million streams of the album’s songs.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/column...ce=twitter
1 person likes this: purple/sky/bubble
congrats!
Shadows play on idle hands I lose myself I do
But I've found my way to velvet sands
I'll crash right into you
I'm happy to see that talent still wins (sometimes, at least)