🍹 still enjoying YoungCarter's birthday? join the party

Kanye Paid $85k to Use Photo of Whitney’s Drug-Covered Bathroom on Pusha T Album

Here now: 1 Guest(s)

Pic in spoiler

[Image: y9zt5yhlyiyght15mko9.png]

In today’s news from the sunken place, Kanye West reportedly paid $85,000 to use a photo of Whitney Houston’s drug-covered bathroom as the album art for Pusha T’s latest release. Wait, let’s call this the “How Low You Can Go News From the Sunken Place.”

In an interview with Angie Martinez, Pusha T said the original art for Daytona was replaced, and a photo of Houston’s bathroom from her Atlanta home littered with drugs and drug paraphernalia was used instead.

“1 a.m., my phone rings, no caller ID,” Pusha told Martinez. “‘Hey, yeah, I think that we should change the artwork. I like this other artwork.’ Now this other artwork is 85 grand. I said, ‘Hey, I don’t want to pay for that. And I wasn’t even going to ask you to pay for that. We picked what we picked. It’s here, it’s ready.’ ‘No, this what people need to see to go with this music. Imma pay for that.’

“Ummm, it’s a picture,” Pusha T said. “It’s a picture. … It’s just a picture that to license it worldwide is 85 grand. I’m not really too, too, too entrenched in the art world like that. I’m just going to let him do that thing. And he’s paying for it.”

Keep it classy.

Houston died Feb. 11, 2012, at the age of 48 at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, Calif., where she was staying for the Grammy Awards.

https://www.theroot.com/kanye-west-paid-...socialflow
We all keep dreaming, and luckily, dreams come true.
(05-25-2018, 09:28 PM)Rainbow Wrote: “Ummm, it’s a picture,” Pusha T said. “It’s a picture. … It’s just a picture that to license it worldwide is 85 grand. I’m not really too, too, too entrenched in the art world like that. I’m just going to let him do that thing. And he’s paying for it.”

artistic integrity much?
All in poor taste. Kanye's just doing anything controversial to gain momentum and it's fucking boring. Delete him.

I do like Pusha tho, I'll still listen to this album regardless of it's cover.
(05-25-2018, 10:08 PM)Prince Wrote: All in poor taste. Kanye's just doing anything controversial to gain momentum and it's fucking boring. Delete him.

I do like Pusha tho, I'll still listen to this album regardless of it's cover.

yeah this is fucking lame marketing trash. the album is being overhyped to hell.

i hope drake gets the both of them outta hea
1 person likes this: Rebellious Sissy
learning to wait till the problems show.

if the problems never show, then you're the one.
Lmaooooo yall out here really thought kanye was a victim

kiii. Tay wins.
2 people like this: PACMAN, purple/sky/bubble
[Image: LnYDcm1.png]
that picture is so disturbing

kanye needs to kill himself
1 person likes this: PACMAN
[Image: LnYDcm1.png]
imma just CLAMP my tongue.
iggy
Kanye West claims to have been suffering from opiate addiction himself. Instead of exploiting Whitney Houston’s struggles for his own personal gain, why doesn’t he post a picture of his own drug stash? What he’s doing isn’t “edgy” or “artsy”; it’s exploitative, wrong and disrespectful.
2 people like this: purple/sky/bubble, maikhoe
(05-26-2018, 06:02 AM)Prince Wrote: Kanye West claims to have been suffering from opiate addiction himself. Instead of exploiting Whitney Houston’s struggles for his own personal gain, why doesn’t he post a picture of his own drug stash? What he’s doing isn’t “edgy” or “artsy”; it’s exploitative, wrong and disrespectful.

interesting.
learning to wait till the problems show.

if the problems never show, then you're the one.