⚙️ popfn: work in progress!

Lana Del Rey - Lust For Life

Here now: 1 Guest(s)

(07-21-2017, 02:44 PM)Mint Wrote:
(07-21-2017, 09:36 AM)PGOAT Wrote: It's indecisive, meandering, uninteresting and lacking in energy. None of the album plays to Lana's strengths and nearly every song focuses more on painting an atmosphere than it does actually delivering an interesting song that I actually care to listen to all the way through.

.... i think you need to listen to it more than once for it to resonate with you? i feel its more for the people that enjot folk and jazz not that its any of its components but i just see it this way. different strokes! but to say its vapid and uninteresting is the most highest reach i get it isnt as hard hitting as the rest of her shit but just because ut doesnt "bop" like her other work does not mean it's meaningless. just because u choose to not read between the lines doesnt mean its uninteresting its actually waaaaayyyyy more structured and well thought out than Honeymoon and even explores more themes and was kind of a breakthrough for her as a writer cause she actually went ahead and straight up expressed love which she has never done before lol all she used to do was lament over men that didnt love her back or the ones that did love her but honeymoon was one where it was written more from the perspective of her emotion.
and she rly stepped it up much more with lfl never thought shed pen down something political even in the slightest sense shes definitely the best songwriter of our generation and entitled keyboard banging will never change that

The criticisms I posted were for Honeymoon, and it looks like you thought I was talking about Lust for Life. Also, please don't ask me to explain my opinion if you're going to call it "entitled keyboard banging," I wasn't rude or insulting about my opinion, I just gave constructive criticism.
what if i like her
wait what are you saying
if i do then im not pulling my same old thing
i guess
girls like momo have always been the way i roll, shes hot. you know i think i could even be her boyfriend too if she liked me. im curious to see if that tan skin-
look im the one asking the questions here
(07-21-2017, 05:48 PM)Mint Wrote:
(07-21-2017, 05:42 PM)PEXI Wrote: Just heard these "political" songs nnn God were they simplisticly awful.

The album suffers from two of its biggest elements:
1. Trendy trap beats to sound "cool"
2. Barely-baked "political anthems" that mean to "inspire" ppl but all it talks about it how Trump made her feel when she's probably safest person in the world rip

u stan lil uzi vert

in 40 years Uzi will be viewed as an artist who shaped an entire generation coffee
1 person likes this: Maiko
(07-21-2017, 09:28 PM)PGOAT Wrote:
(07-21-2017, 02:44 PM)Mint Wrote: .... i think you need to listen to it more than once for it to resonate with you? i feel its more for the people that enjot folk and jazz not that its any of its components but i just see it this way. different strokes! but to say its vapid and uninteresting is the most highest reach i get it isnt as hard hitting as the rest of her shit but just because ut doesnt "bop" like her other work does not mean it's meaningless. just because u choose to not read between the lines doesnt mean its uninteresting its actually waaaaayyyyy more structured and well thought out than Honeymoon and even explores more themes and was kind of a breakthrough for her as a writer cause she actually went ahead and straight up expressed love which she has never done before lol all she used to do was lament over men that didnt love her back or the ones that did love her but honeymoon was one where it was written more from the perspective of her emotion.
and she rly stepped it up much more with lfl never thought shed pen down something political even in the slightest sense shes definitely the best songwriter of our generation and entitled keyboard banging will never change that

The criticisms I posted were for Honeymoon, and it looks like you thought I was talking about Lust for Life. Also, please don't ask me to explain my opinion if you're going to call it "entitled keyboard banging," I wasn't rude or insulting about my opinion, I just gave constructive criticism.

No i was talking about Honeymoon. See the fact that u thought I was talking about LFL shows u didnt sit down with either album
(07-22-2017, 01:55 AM)Mint Wrote:
(07-21-2017, 09:28 PM)PGOAT Wrote: The criticisms I posted were for Honeymoon, and it looks like you thought I was talking about Lust for Life. Also, please don't ask me to explain my opinion if you're going to call it "entitled keyboard banging," I wasn't rude or insulting about my opinion, I just gave constructive criticism.

No i was talking about Honeymoon. See the fact that u thought I was talking about LFL shows u didnt sit down with either album

(07-21-2017, 02:44 PM)Mint Wrote: its actually waaaaayyyyy more structured and well thought out than Honeymoon... but honeymoon was one where it was written more from the perspective of her emotion... and she rly stepped it up much more with lfl

so you were comparing honeymoon to honeymoon?
what if i like her
wait what are you saying
if i do then im not pulling my same old thing
i guess
girls like momo have always been the way i roll, shes hot. you know i think i could even be her boyfriend too if she liked me. im curious to see if that tan skin-
look im the one asking the questions here
(07-22-2017, 09:55 AM)PGOAT Wrote:
(07-22-2017, 01:55 AM)Mint Wrote: No i was talking about Honeymoon. See the fact that u thought I was talking about LFL shows u didnt sit down with either album

(07-21-2017, 02:44 PM)Mint Wrote: its actually waaaaayyyyy more structured and well thought out than Honeymoon... but honeymoon was one where it was written more from the perspective of her emotion... and she rly stepped it up much more with lfl

so you were comparing honeymoon to honeymoon?

meant uv in post 2
So boring and samey, at this point she's turning into a parody of herself. Still, it was an enjoyable listen, especially before going to sleep
Godspeed
i still need to listen to this!! but i'm on holiday so it's not the right time.. i need to be in my usual mind-agonizing, soul-crushing routine to fully appreciate a Lana album

[Image: giphy.gif?dateline=1487453195]
[Image: ELwb1Mt.jpg]
(07-23-2017, 04:57 PM)James Wrote: So boring and samey, at this point she's turning into a parody of herself.

[Image: tenor.gif]
We all keep dreaming, and luckily, dreams come true.
So far I only like half the album. It's not bad, but it's not great either. She ain't topping Ultraviolence.