😫 girl it's still yc birthday Wish Him a Happy Birthday

Last movie you watched | popfn Movie rating

Here now: 1 Guest(s)

[Image: frKlpVk.jpg]

You can also post new trailers of upcoming films you wish to see.

SPOTLIGHT:

Into The Forest
1 person likes this: YoungCarter
ⴰⵎⴰⵣⵉⵖ
last movie I watched was Civil War and it was incredible. 8/10.

only thing i would comment on is that it was far too long. imo there were about 40 minutes of exposition and 2 or 3 obligatory action sequences that could have been cut. also it needed way more of the title character
2 people like this: Auryn, YoungCarter
Last movie I watched was Civil War. So far it feels somewhere between 9-9.5.

(05-08-2016, 05:49 AM)SunFire Wrote: last movie I watched was Civil War and it was incredible. 8/10.

only thing i would comment on is that it was far too long. imo there were about 40 minutes of exposition and 2 or 3 obligatory action sequences that could have been cut. also it needed way more of the title character

I felt like there weren't too much action scenes. Although I agree that they could focus more on Cap.
1 person likes this: Auryn
And by the way, The Lobster is amazing. One of my favorite movies of 2015. Rolleyes
2 people like this: Auryn, killshot
(05-08-2016, 05:54 AM)YoungCarter Wrote: And by the way, The Lobster is amazing. One of my favorite movies of 2015. Rolleyes

I haven't seen it yet, but it looks really interesting. I love the cast. Rachel Weisz and Lea Seydoux >>>

Post a review!
ⴰⵎⴰⵣⵉⵖ
(05-08-2016, 06:17 AM)Ressti Wrote:
(05-08-2016, 05:54 AM)YoungCarter Wrote: And by the way, The Lobster is amazing. One of my favorite movies of 2015. Rolleyes

I haven't seen it yet, but it looks really interesting. I love the cast. Rachel Weisz and Lea Seydoux >>>

Post a review!

a little bit later ;)

I decided to watch it because of Collin Farrel tbh. He was great in True Detective although season 2 was a mess in general.
so yeah, the Lobster.
[Image: the_lobster_posters-xlarge.jpg]

To be honest, the Lobster became the main surprise of 2015 for me. I've never heard about it until my friend advised me this movie.

Firstly, I've thought that it's some art-house movie that is very hard to understand. But I saw a really intelligible movie. However, The Lobster forces to refleck and you better to turn your brain on while watching. The story revolves around divorced architect David. He goes to a special hotel where he must to find a partner for himself. Masturbation is banned and if you won't find a pertner you will be transformed into an animal. Every day hotel residents go hunt opposers of these rules who live in forests. The story of the movie is kind of dystopia but it focuses on characters more. It's safe to say that it's a hyperbolized satire on modern society and imposed stereotypes. It also covers such topics as problems of modern family and clash between authority and opposition. It doesn't overload the script, moreover, it's a quite chamber movie.

The Lobster also has a great cast. Every actor played really great.

What else should I say? This movie has a truly outstanding cinematography.
[Image: 4YvUPTR33W0.jpg]
[Image: QkepE2Et0YA.jpg]
[Image: SrztHNTexdQ.jpg]
[Image: pMH-uGrfg9U.jpg]
10/10
(05-08-2016, 08:11 AM)YoungCarter Wrote: so yeah, the Lobster.

To be honest, the Lobster became the main surprise of 2015 for me. I've never heard about it until my friend advised me this movie.

Firstly, I've thought that it's some art-house movie that is very hard to understand. But I saw a really intelligible movie. However, The Lobster forces to refleck and you better to turn your brain on while watching. The story revolves around divorced architect David. He goes to a special hotel where he must to find a partner for himself. Masturbation is banned and if you won't find a pertner you will be transformed into an animal. Every day hotel residents go hunt opposers of these rules who live in forests. The story of the movie is kind of dystopia but it focuses on characters more. It's safe to say that it's a hyperbolized satire on modern society and imposed stereotypes. It also covers such topics as problems of modern family and clash between authority and opposition. It doesn't overload the script, moreover, it's a quite chamber movie.

10/10

Good review Clap3

I'm gonna watch it soon.

I'll post a review of The Witch later tonight.
2 people like this: YoungCarter, NubianKing
ⴰⵎⴰⵣⵉⵖ
(05-08-2016, 08:32 AM)Ressti Wrote:
(05-08-2016, 08:11 AM)YoungCarter Wrote: so yeah, the Lobster.

10/10

Good review Clap3

I'm gonna watch it soon.

I'll post a review of The Witch later tonight.

thank you. Tongue
For some reason I feel like you'll like The Lobster.
2 people like this: Auryn, NubianKing
This trailer looks divine

smitten
ⴰⵎⴰⵣⵉⵖ
2 days ago I finally watched Birdman. I hope my best friend won't drag me anymore because of it.

[Image: Birdman-Movie-Poster-Keaton.png?__SQUARE...5211151903]

"Birdman or (Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)" is a story about old actor Riggan Thompson who used to play a superhero Birdman in blockbuster movies. But now he is forgotten and he is trying to return with a play. He is kinda obssessed with being on a newspaper covers) Sometimes he hears a voice of Birdman in his head and imagining himself hearing background music and performing acts of telekinesis and flying (these elements make "Birdman" look like an acid trip). He is very stressed with his play so this, frictions with eccentric actor Mike, critics and relationships with his daughter and ex-wife make him really crazy. The plot of the movie is interesting in itself but Alejandro G. Iñárritu and his co-writers managed to do a great story with unexpected ending.

The whole cast was incredible. No wonder why Michael Keaton was chose to play Riggan. His most well-known role until "Birdman" was Batman in Tim Burton movies. His portray of old crazy faded actor was plausible. He is especially great in scenes with Edward Norton who played Mike. Norton earned another one great role in his list. Zach Galifianakis is unrecognizable as a producer of Riggan's play And of course, Emma Stone who played Riggan's daughter. She was plausible in a role of ex-addict who is kinda detached from the world.

Many people praised outstanding style of cinematography. The whole movie is made up of long, very long scenes that were filmed in only one take. All the time the camera follows characters and it makes you feel like a ghost who observes it.

The soundtrack also is worth to be noted. Almost all music in the movie was played on drums and it really helps to deepen immersion in the movie.

10/10

[Image: giphy.gif]
3 people like this: Auryn, Maiko, Anastasia
And this movie I watched after @Ressti's advice. "Strange Days", an undeservedly overlooked science fiction thriller by Kathryn Bigelow, the director of "Point Break" and "The Hurt Locker".

[Image: 54d4546474efa_-_strangedays-1200.jpeg]

The events of "Strange Days" happens in Los Angeles in the last days of 1999. LA turned into the real war zone with tanks and rioters. According to Bigelow and James Cameron who wrote the plot, Los Angeles of 1999 is a dark and brutal place. Interesting that it looks grotesquely in the same time. People wear eccentric clothes and unusual hairstyles.

The story revolves around Lenny, the former policeman who sells memory clips. In the universe of "Strange Days" people found the way to record other people's memories. With help of "deck" anyone can experience the recorder's memories. Somehow Lenny was involved in the series of thrilling events. This movie is really dark and some scenes are quite shocking.

As for acting, it was good for such kind of movies. The teaming of Ralph Fiennes and Angela Bassett is unexpectedly great. By the way, Bassett deservedly won "Saturn Award" for this role. She plays Mace, a really close friend of Lenny, and you can easily draw parallels between Mace and characters played by Pam Grier in 70s.

The selection of music in this movie is also interesting. Most of music played in the movie is hard-rock but they also used Tricky, Peter Gabriel and even Will Smith songs. Juliette Lewis recorded some music (including cover of PJ Harvey's "Hardly Wait") for the movie. And of course, The Doors song that gave a name to this picture was played.

In 2016 "Strange Days" is undeservedly forgotten. In the year of its release the picture flopped in box office and was noticed only by fans of science fiction. Meanwhile, cyberpunk movies release very rarely. So in my opinion, it's a compulsory picture for fans of cyberpunk and dark science fiction.

8,5/10
Loving all the reviews @YoungCarter

I should write mine soon
ⴰⵎⴰⵣⵉⵖ
[Image: 28504-b-malena.jpg]

The film contains three main storylines. The storylines are Renato a preteen boy who falls in a one sided love affair with the most beautiful woman in town named Malena, while simultaneously dealing with the atmosphere of Italy entering World War 3. The most important story line is Malena being so overwhelmingly beautiful and sexy, that all the men treat her like a piece of meat. Meanwhile the women of the town treat Malena with discord out of jealousy over her perfect looks and body.

The cinematography was gorgeous and the strongest point. The obsession of the town's people with Malena was funny yet frightening, however despite all the potential the plot almost felt too contrived. As a result of the final act of the movie taking it into a wild direction not necessarily justified by the first parts of the film. Also some plot points weren't fleshed out as well

6.5/10
Last movie I watched was Batman v Superman and honestly? I liked it. Solid 7.5