Extremely excited to announce: YC's Birthday! 🎂🎁🎈 🎉Say Happy Birthday

Mint's 7 days of Orbital

Here now: 1 Guest(s)

This thread has been closed. Please check the last post for further details.
So as someone on the outside looking in at the cool art freaks and all their fun (Maiko and Ressti) I figured I should give into to the peer pressure and pursue an alternative lifestyle my family would probably not be proud of and... check out Obital. I was supposed to listen to their discog over the weekend BUT SOMETIMES THINGS HAPPEN KIDS OKAY.

tho i already did orbital 2 so ill be posting a small review/comment on that tomorrow ^^
5 people like this: Kyr, Auryn, maikhoe, YoungCarter, Novellos
Orbital Rejoice

Can't wait to read
2 people like this: Mint, Dhipita
(06-19-2016, 09:16 PM)Kyr Wrote: Orbital Rejoice

Can't wait to read

wow u too? they really do work in mysterious ways
Who?
Yay!

They really aren't album artists though but I'm perched
1 person likes this: Mint
learning to wait till the problems show.

if the problems never show, then you're the one.
(06-19-2016, 10:15 PM)lex Wrote: Who?

F u!

Get into these icons love with ya closed third eye

2 people like this: Lex, Auryn

lets get this HAPPENEN

[Image: mr0OlV9.gif?dateline=1466424616]

Orbital 2

[Image: orbitalbrown.jpg]

"How long am I gonna have to fake bop to this?" I think as Lush 3-1 plays GIVE ME SOMETHING ECCENTRIC PLEASE IM DYING. While Planet of the Shapes kinda did leave a good first impression having an exotic vibe with that cool flute thing (we're gonna call it flute thing) and the sitar, on first listen i still wasnt feeling Lush 3, something about the first half felt boring repetitive AND I WAS NOT HAVING Impact, you have to have something interesting like some progression/complexity to hold on a song thats 7+ minutes imo. At that point I kinda gave up on the album but then a one, TWO THREE FOUR punch came on and... wow, wooW, WOW THIS FUCKEN BOPS osgwel Orbital TOOK my weave and threw it out the window and that finishing part> it felt very rock inspired which caught my eye, Monday was low key house-y it was so fun to listen to and something about Halcyon On and On (which i wasnt familiar with) made me feel like i was sitting in a fog with hippies it was so eccentric and had an interesting atmosphere. I think I shouldve caught something from the intro/outro thing but i cba maybe ill think about it next listen bc lush kinda sounded not as bad the second time and Ill definitely re use remind, so!
4 people like this: YoungCarter, maikhoe, Kyr, Novellos
These crickets !!

1 person likes this: Lex
(06-20-2016, 10:41 PM)Mint Wrote: These crickets !!

You don't like Impact the Earth is Burning it's a bop!

What's your favorite from this? Again they aren't album artists here they just basically threw some of their club mixed on a CD lol

(06-20-2016, 10:46 PM)Maiko Wrote:
(06-20-2016, 10:41 PM)Mint Wrote: These crickets !!

You don't like Impact the Earth is Burning it's a bop!

What's your favorite from this? Again they aren't album artists here they just basically threw some of their club mixed on a CD lol

i figured!! i also learnt that they need to be on full volume ALWAYS, the final 4 tracks definitely. i also enjoyed snivilisation more as a body of work more like you suggested. but i totally use remind its just tooo good also walk now bc its a mad wild outlier.
1 person likes this: maikhoe
(06-20-2016, 10:50 PM)Mint Wrote:
(06-20-2016, 10:46 PM)Maiko Wrote: You don't like Impact the Earth is Burning it's a bop!

i figured!! i also learnt that they need to be on full volume ALWAYS, the final 4 tracks definitely. i also enjoyed snivilisation more as a body of work more like you suggested. but i totally use remind its just tooo good also walk now bc its a mad wild outlier.

I agree with those tracks for sure.

Your description of Halcyon +

Mjlol

I think you'd really enjoy the source song and album for Halcyon . Kyr loved it so much

3 people like this: Mint, Auryn, Kyr

Listen to Opus III's "Mind Fruit" before moving to the next album. It's a part of the experience tbh
2 people like this: Mint, Auryn

Don't know if you listened to Raddichio with the original Halcyon on it (+ on + on is the popular remix)

But it's just Kirstys vocals from its a fine day reversed.

She's in the original Halcyon video.

The song is supposed to describe a feeling their mom had (Paul and Phil of orbital are brothers) when she was addicted to prescription drug.

Pretty interesting.

2 people like this: Mint, Kyr

(06-20-2016, 11:00 PM)Maiko Wrote: Listen to Opus III's "Mind Fruit" before moving to the next album. It's a part of the experience tbh

D will do.

(06-20-2016, 11:04 PM)Maiko Wrote: Don't know if you listened to Raddichio with the original Halcyon on it (+ on + on is the popular remix)

But it's just Kirstys vocals from its a fine day reversed.

She's in the original Halcyon video.

The song is supposed to describe a feeling their mom had (Paul and Phil of orbital are brothers) when she was addicted to prescription drug.

Pretty interesting.

https://youtu.be/hNwNNw0u97Y

Its definitely less upbeat than the remix. Idk which one i prefer but i like both. ill get to the rarities after im done with this rn im just working with what spotify is giving me so imma pretend orb2 is their debut Mjlol till i find a torrent that includes the rarities which i suspect shouldnt be hard.

But what do u not relate to my halcyon on and on comment akshwk. Is that their 212 or sth?