Extremely excited to announce: YC's Birthday! 🎂🎁🎈 🎉Say Happy Birthday

Mint's 7 days of Orbital

Here now: 1 Guest(s)

This thread has been closed. Please check the last post for further details.
(06-20-2016, 11:14 PM)Mint Wrote:
(06-20-2016, 11:00 PM)Maiko Wrote: Listen to Opus III's "Mind Fruit" before moving to the next album. It's a part of the experience tbh

D will do.

(06-20-2016, 11:04 PM)Maiko Wrote: Don't know if you listened to Raddichio with the original Halcyon on it (+ on + on is the popular remix)

But it's just Kirstys vocals from its a fine day reversed.

She's in the original Halcyon video.

The song is supposed to describe a feeling their mom had (Paul and Phil of orbital are brothers) when she was addicted to prescription drug.

Pretty interesting.

https://youtu.be/hNwNNw0u97Y

Its definitely less upbeat than the remix. Idk which one i prefer but i like both. ill get to the rarities after im done with this rn im just working with what spotify is giving me so imma pretend orb2 is their debut Mjlol till i find a torrent that includes the rarities which i suspect shouldnt be hard.

But what do u not relate to my halcyon on and on comment akshwk. Is that their 212 or sth?

No the Saint and Chime are their 212's. Halcyon + On + On is like that song they had 10 years later after they faded that made them relevant again and would never go away, eclipsing even their hits.

No I don't view halcyon like that lol. It makes me introspective I don't feel like I'm with lots of people or hippy or anything. Quite the opposite lol.
1 person likes this: Mint
learning to wait till the problems show.

if the problems never show, then you're the one.
@Maiko youtubing mindfruit its waaay more interesting than orbital 2 so far. They sampled the first track for Halcyon correct?
i found the green album easily so ill he doing that but i can only find radichio on youtube :c
(06-21-2016, 10:48 AM)Mint Wrote: @Maiko youtubing mindfruit its waaay more interesting than orbital 2 so far. They sampled the first track for Halcyon correct?

Yes.

They are just normal dance music with vocals so naturally it's easier to understand.

But yeah. I'd say Mind Fruit is perhaps favourite album of all time all things considered lol

I don't listen to Orbitals albums like that lol. They aren't album artists.

(06-21-2016, 01:30 PM)Maiko Wrote:
(06-21-2016, 10:48 AM)Mint Wrote: @Maiko youtubing mindfruit its waaay more interesting than orbital 2 so far. They sampled the first track for Halcyon correct?

Yes.

They are just normal dance music with vocals so naturally it's easier to understand.

But yeah. I'd say Mind Fruit is perhaps favourite album of all time all things considered lol

I don't listen to Orbitals albums like that lol. They aren't album artists.

Imma do a playlist when im done even tho theyre not album artists i still need to listen to most their songs at least :o

Yeah Mind Fruit was pretty great i torrented it for future use The Struggle
Snivilisation
[Image: snivi.jpg]

This definitely had better opening closing tracks especially Attached, the melody is just so euphoric smitten . Also still had a track with exotic sounding intrumentals in I Wish I Had Ducks Feet and whats cool about it is that it was one of those albums where every song was a standout but still kind of fit in a context and worked perfectly. You have Crash and Carry that has a very pleasant raciness to it but definitely not a dance song and then Philosophy By Numbers that kinda had these ambient drip dropping sounds. Also nothing dragged for too long without getting anywhere I was happy with that lol.

Best tracks: Quality Seconds (EPIC) especially after Kein Trink Wasser that had the awsome keys at the begining then JUMPED to an electro house beat definitely an ear worm. Sad But True is objectively the best song I heard from them so far dont @me.
2 people like this: maikhoe, YoungCarter
Maiko's made me curious about Orbital so lemme check them out Hmm
(06-21-2016, 09:18 PM)Mint Wrote:
Snivilisation
[Image: snivi.jpg]

This definitely had better opening closing tracks especially Attached, the melody is just so euphoric smitten . Also still had a track with exotic sounding intrumentals in I Wish I Had Ducks Feet and whats cool about it is that it was one of those albums where every song was a standout but still kind of fit in a context and worked perfectly. u have Crash and Carry that has a very pleasant raciness to it but definitely not a dance song and then Philosophy By Numbers that kinda had these ambient drip dropping sounds. Also nothing dragged for too long without getting anywhere I was happy with that lol.

Best tracks: Quality Seconds (EPIC) especially after Kein Trink Wasser that had the awsome keys at the begining then JUMPED to an electro house beat definitely an ear worm. Sad But True is objectively the best song I heard from them so far dont @me.

My favorite. Attached >>>>> my adventure song.
1 person likes this: Mint

MESS lemme carry on w this i keep forgettinh