Happy Birthday, popfn!Say Happy Birthday to Her
Poll: ?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

POPFN: Will Camila Cabello actually be a thing?

Here now: 1 Guest(s)

okay, as well all know, her song havana ft. young thug is basically a global #1 (literally, it's #1 almost every major music market and English speaking country) right now and the US is going to finish that next week or very soon.

but does this mean, she's actually a thing? we've seen huge peaks followed by huge drop offs like this already with lorde (even though she has way more quality but that's another topic), iggy azalea, meghan trainor, and many others.

with camila, she had a MASSIVE spotify and radio campaign then, performances on any and every market that will take her, just to get to this point. her label/team has really put her in a position to succeed now but the album is nowhere in sight. so, the question here is, will she actually have staying power or is she about to fall off the map once single #2/#3 come and go with less buzz (pretty inevitable at this point since her team can't pay for play her entire first era and havana's success will be behind her by album time).

[Image: 2gwf7ua.gif?dateline=1437523325?dateline=1508190155]
I hope yes. I love Havana and I Have Questions and I hope her success will be lasting.
I think if she carves out a niche into the latin-pop market in America she will do extremely well.

There's currently a deep void there.
1 person likes this: Auryn
how do you deal with someone that has a face so perfect that you want to call their momma everyday and thank her for making him :'(
(11-18-2017, 08:14 PM)Maiko Wrote: I think if she carves out a niche into the latin-pop market in America she will do extremely well.

yep. jlo and shakira left that wide open.
selena gomez and demi lovato don't care to be in it.
becky g is just starting to take it over in the latin markets but hasn't *re*cracked the US since Shower w/ her new sound
it's truly open but camila would have to commit to it and she as an artist wants to be more an ariana than a latin-pop girl.
1 person likes this: XXX MAIKO
god... uggg maybe.
ⴰⵎⴰⵣⵉⵖ
(11-18-2017, 08:16 PM)PACMAN Wrote:
(11-18-2017, 08:14 PM)Maiko Wrote: I think if she carves out a niche into the latin-pop market in America she will do extremely well.

yep. jlo and shakira left that wide open.
becky g is just starting to take it over in the latin markets but hasn't *re*cracked the US since Shower w/ her new sound
it's truly open but camila would have to commit to it and she as an artist wants to be more an ariana than a latin-pop girl.

She does but I think her team is realizing that there's a strong opportunity there. Latin America has so much value in the entertain industry. It just sucks because they tend to just.... Stay in Latin America.
1 person likes this: PACMAN
how do you deal with someone that has a face so perfect that you want to call their momma everyday and thank her for making him :'(
(11-18-2017, 09:23 PM)KingBlack Wrote:
Yes, Camilla is Selena Gomez with a better voice but same catchy songs. There is no need to create a lane as Selena left the road open for ANYONE to storm as we are seeing with both Demi and Camila.

I don't think Camilla has Selena's ability to produce quality American pop songs.

I don't know how Selena does it constantly and Demi just can't seem to get it together.
(11-18-2017, 10:05 PM)KingBlack Wrote:
(11-18-2017, 09:47 PM)Maiko Wrote: I don't think Camilla has Selena's ability to produce quality American pop songs.

I don't know how Selena does it constantly and Demi just can't seem to get it together.

Camilla if she didn't have access to quality producers she will now. People will be reaching out now to get their name attached to a rising star. Also Camila has the upper hand of being able to sing in Spanish something Selena can't do. Camila will be beloved like Belinda and the Shakira's of their countries are loved if her record company play the cards right.

True.

Didn't she though? I thought she had some pretty high profile features. I don't think Selena necessarily has access to quality producers I just think her team picks really great and interesting songs.

Her last three first singles have been beyond stellar
Havana and Crying in the Club are bangers

I believe she can have staying power
unfortunately she has a shot
Fuck yall.
(11-18-2017, 09:45 PM)Maiko Banks Wrote:
(11-18-2017, 08:16 PM)PACMAN Wrote: yep. jlo and shakira left that wide open.

She does but I think her team is realizing that there's a strong opportunity there. Latin America has so much value in the entertain industry. It just sucks because they tend to just.... Stay in Latin America.

exactly, this is going to be camila's major hurdle. will she stay latin or will she start rebelling and begging her label for more mainstream, edm, max martin, sia-rejected, type music.

her team saw the gap quick though and reacted fast. she got booked for so many hispanic hertiage month stuff and Latin american events. they played havana so well. c

camila needs to stick with that lane though if she wants to stand out because if she joins that race with bebe rexha, daya, alessia cara, and the other "hook" girls, she won't last. most of her love comes from her chart success and not who she is as a person. one flop, and everyone will be gone. they actually were leaving once crying in the club tanked to hell and back (in the US).
Probably but as long as she releases songs as good as Havana I won't mind.
Hope she flops
We all keep dreaming, and luckily, dreams come true.
she's here to stay
Shadows play on idle hands I lose myself I do
But I've found my way to velvet sands
I'll crash right into you
(11-18-2017, 10:07 PM)Maiko Banks Wrote: True.

Didn't she though? I thought she had some pretty high profile features. I don't think Selena necessarily has access to quality producers I just think her team picks really great and interesting songs.

Her last three first singles have been beyond stellar

this is why selena gomez can have near 0 vocals these days but tons of success. her team picks things out of left field for her to be on and experiment, shoot dope videos for them, and push it on the right platforms.

only recently, demi is making better moves too. meanwhile, camila's team already found a way to make her flop even with access to great producers and song writers cosigning the hell out of her (like ed sheeran, sia, diplo, tayloose, zedd, etc.). this is a problem since, we're in the microwave generation. the turnover for pop artists these days is huge. it feels worse than before. one day you're getting huge streams and viral tweets, the next you're doing mall shows.

how do you get huge looks like that and still find a way to ruin it? that lets me know, she is not that girl just yet and Havana is more fluke than a she's here and staying moment.

if camila doesn't hit hard with single #2 or #3 on the charts and snag a grammys nom soon, she's just not going to last (outside of a bebe rexha type capacity). even meghan trainor got into the grammys mix and had multiple hits her first album so, that isn't too hard for camila to do if people think she's truly about to last.
1 person likes this: XXX MAIKO