🎇 Happy New Year from popfn!

Ressti is fucking slayed bitch | STAR WARS The Last Jedi "review"

Here now: 1 Guest(s)

Just came back from STAR WARS The Last Jedi Seriously, the third act left me a bit speechless. It was pretty fucking raw.

But, there's some things i'm highly annoyed about. Let me list them real quick and get it out of the way:

1. Finn did not get enough screen time and importance IMO. Look, when this was announced, his was the first face you saw and now he's not the character we thought he was tbh. We all thought he was gonna be one of the Jedi's introduced, but i'm not seeing it now. He felt more important in TFA and was kinda the character that moved the story along. Also, I am NOT loving the romance they're forcing between him and Rose when throughout the film all he talked about is Rey and the only person Rey asked about was Finn. But, he was great, lovely, cute and heroic. Love him. 

1,5. Minor thing, but I wish he got his only little beast during that escape scene. Why was he behind Rose? ffffff. Not a big deal, but i'm nitpicky when it comes to visuals and it looked a little dumb.

2. Not really interested in them trying to build tension between Rey and Kylo. It felt very unbalanced and repulsive (because of how abusive and psychopathic his character is). However, it worked because of that major ****ing 'twist'.

3. I don't know how to feel about Leia surviving til the end in this, only because of what that means for the character in the next installment. I'm assuming they filmed some scenes for the next film that they might use as flashbacks or something. I hope so. She deserves a good farewell.

4. Luke trying to kill Kylo was dumb as ****. That should not have been in the film, not just because it's very anti-Luke, who coudn't even kill him mass murdering father, but also because it didn't matter and didn't do anything except make Luke wreckless for no reason.

5. The pacing was off.

What I loved:

Carrie Fisher looked so beautiful in this. Wonderful lady. RIP.

Daisy's acting was very good at times.

I lived when Rey called Kylo a treacherous SNAKE! Yas! He fucking is. Hate his ass.

Snoke dying was so out of nowhere! But I absolutely loved it. Be gone generic villain! At least we know what Kylo Ren's struggles are. I hate generic villains. Kylo taking his place was inspired. Not because he did, but because of how they played with our expectations in that very same scene.

That part when Rey and Kylo cut through those guards was everything tho, and I did not see that ****ing coming, but I was so glad they didn't make Kylo a 'good' guy after that. Fuck him! osgwel Slash him Rey! osgwel

Really love that Poe, Rey, Rose and Finn are these 'nobodies' making all the difference. It's a nice twist not to have Skywalker heroes.

Luke killed me, he's so awesome, I'm so sad they force ghosted him, but I get it. I just didn't like what they did with him concerning Kylo Ren. But overall, I liked his scenes. Would have liked to see a bit more Jedi teachings, myths and legend instead of Angst though.

OMG when Admiral Holdo cut through those ships in lightspeed, the silence was deafening. One of the strongest moments in the film. Laura Dern wins again!

Fin got to fight and WIN! I need him with a lightsaber in the next film, thanks.

On a Star Wars scale I give this movie a 8,5/10. I think this might be the 5th best film in the franchise for me... But i'm really really curious about how George Lucas feels about it. I wanna hear his opinion.
2 people like this: YoungCarter, Talking_Lip
ⴰⵎⴰⵣⵉⵖ
However... Rian Johnson is on my shit list now, because I don't appreciate how he handled Finn. pillow fight
ⴰⵎⴰⵣⵉⵖ
Opened this expenting it to be one of those weird diss track threads I've seen on here a few times lol
3 people like this: Talking_Lip, Auryn, Black Canary
[Image: hzyfhLF.gif]