Russians banned from 2018 Olympics for CHEATING

Here now: 1 Guest(s)

Russia Banned from Winter Olympics by I.O.C.

[Image: PutinReuters380.jpg]

LAUSANNE, Switzerland — Russia’s Olympic team has been barred from the 2018 Winter Games in Pyeongchang, South Korea. The country’s government officials are forbidden to attend, its flag will not be displayed at the opening ceremony and its anthem will not sound.

Any athletes from Russia who receive special dispensation to compete will do so as individuals wearing a neutral uniform, and the official record books will forever show that Russia won zero medals.

That was the punishment issued Tuesday to the proud sports juggernaut that has long used the Olympics as a show of global force but was exposed for systematic doping in previously unfathomable ways. The International Olympic Committee, after completing its own prolonged investigations that reiterated what had been known for more than a year, handed Russia penalties for doping so severe they were without precedent in Olympics history.

The ruling was the final confirmation that the nation was guilty of executing an extensive state-backed doping program.

Thomas Bach, president of I.O.C., has said he was perturbed not only by Russia’s widespread cheating but by how it had been accomplished: by corrupting the Olympic laboratory that handled drug testing at the Games, and on orders from Russia’s own Olympic officials.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/05/sport...p=cur&_r=0

Clap3

@YoungCarter
Loosey as a goosey and we're looking for some fun ♫
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=8177056]
We all keep dreaming, and luckily, dreams come true.
I'm sure other countries do that too but how convenient Doc
Fake news title too. It's Russia that's banned, not Russians.
1 person likes this: Rainbow
(12-06-2017, 12:59 AM)Lex Wrote: Fake news title too. It's Russia that's banned, not Russians.

Well goosey is the op so let's not be surprised
1 person likes this: Dhipita
We all keep dreaming, and luckily, dreams come true.
@Goosey Goose why did you tag me?
(12-06-2017, 02:31 AM)YoungCarter Wrote: @Goosey Goose why did you tag me?

I was under the impression you were from Russia.
(12-06-2017, 02:44 AM)Goosey Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 02:31 AM)YoungCarter Wrote: @Goosey Goose why did you tag me?

I was under the impression you were from Russia.

And he can still go if he wanted to, so sit
LOL
[Image: 97gIkVX.gif]
♔ Bling Bling G-Strings, Pink Heel-d Boots & Internal Witchcraft
♔  Black Sissy Always Seeking Adventure - ♡ Unicorn Whisperer
㊉  Certified Nazi Annihilator - Punch A Nazi ㊉

(12-06-2017, 08:20 AM)Lex Wrote: And he can still go if he wanted to, so sit

Is he an athlete now too?
(12-06-2017, 09:30 PM)Goosey Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 08:20 AM)Lex Wrote: And he can still go if he wanted to, so sit

Is he an athlete now too?

Do you read?
Quote:Russia’s Olympic team has been barred from the 2018 Winter Games in Pyeongchang, South Korea.

(12-06-2017, 09:52 PM)Lex Wrote: Do you read?
Quote:Russia’s Olympic team has been barred from the 2018 Winter Games in Pyeongchang, South Korea.

Yeah, his Olympic team was banned. It says so in the title boo. What are you trying to say?
(12-06-2017, 10:46 PM)Goosey Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 09:52 PM)Lex Wrote: Do you read?

Yeah, his Olympic team was banned. It says so in the title boo. What are you trying to say?

He can still go as a tourist is what I was getting at. From his response it's clear that he doesn't care if the team can go or not.
(12-06-2017, 11:46 PM)Lex Wrote: He can still go as a tourist is what I was getting at. From his response it's clear that he doesn't care if the team can go or not.

No one said he couldn't.

@YoungCarter what does the average Russian think of this news?
[Image: FlawlessImpressiveFowl-size_restricted.gif]