🎇 Happy New Year from popfn!

'Saw' Movie Posters Protest Restrictions for LGBTQ Blood Donors

Here now: 1 Guest(s)

1 person likes this: Michael Jackson
We all keep dreaming, and luckily, dreams come true.
I don't want any homosexual blood.

It's exponentially more likely to be dirty, and if I recall correctly, HIV often doesn't show up in early testing.

It should be illegal.

While all blood donations are tested for HIV, current tests don’t work until approximately nine days after the virus is first transmitted, a so-called “window period.” Blood donations from MSM during this time pose a risk to the blood supply, the FDA says.

"The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) today released new statistics on incidence rates of HIV and syphilis among gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men (MSM). The data, which identified MSM as men who have engaged sexually with another man within the last five years, revealed that MSM are over 44 times more likely than other men to contract HIV, and over 40 times more likely than women to contract HIV. Further, MSM were over 46 times more likely to contract syphilis than other men, and over 71 times more likely than women to contract syphilis."
Loosey as a goosey and we're looking for some fun ♫
(10-02-2017, 02:53 PM)Goosey Wrote: I don't want any homosexual blood.

It's exponentially more likely to be dirty, and if I recall correctly, HIV often doesn't show up in early testing.

It should be illegal.

While all blood donations are tested for HIV, current tests don’t work until approximately nine days after the virus is first transmitted, a so-called “window period.” Blood donations from MSM during this time pose a risk to the blood supply, the FDA says.

"The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) today released new statistics on incidence rates of HIV and syphilis among gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men (MSM). The data, which identified MSM as men who have engaged sexually with another man within the last five years, revealed that MSM are over 44 times more likely than other men to contract HIV, and over 40 times more likely than women to contract HIV. Further, MSM were over 46 times more likely to contract syphilis than other men, and over 71 times more likely than women to contract syphilis."

Please, feel free to refuse transfusions then
2 people like this: Maiko, Connor
I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Man, a lover, a wife, a queen. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits
(10-02-2017, 02:53 PM)Goosey Wrote: I don't want any homosexual blood.

It should be illegal.

These are obviously words of a closeted faggot... please do better with your time Gooseberry.
2 people like this: Bo, Rainbow
(10-03-2017, 05:04 PM)Prince Wrote: These are obviously words of a closeted faggot... please do better with your time Gooseberry.

Stay mad.

It remains illegal for men who've had gay sex within the previous year to donate blood because the FDA studied the issue and decided that this blood wasn't safe.

I trust the FDA's opinion over that of butthurt social justice warriors.
(10-03-2017, 07:57 PM)Goosey Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 05:04 PM)Prince Wrote: These are obviously words of a closeted faggot... please do better with your time Gooseberry.

Stay mad.

It remains illegal for men who've had gay sex within the previous year to donate blood because the FDA studied the issue and decided that this blood wasn't safe.

I trust the FDA's opinion over that of butthurt social justice warriors.

An ass is an ass whether it’s male or female. So I guess m/f couples who have anal sex can’t donate blood either? Or does no one ‘officially’ want to address that?

I’m suddenly a SJW? Would a SJW openly use the word faggot? I don’t think so! Try harder Goose!
(10-05-2017, 10:39 AM)Prince Wrote: An ass is an ass whether it’s male or female. So I guess m/f couples who have anal sex can’t donate blood either? Or does no one ‘officially’ want to address that?

Not true. MSM have higher rates of disease.

IVETTE FELICIANO: But clearly men who have sex with men aren’t the only people engaging in that sort of sex.

DR. PETER MARKS: That’s correct, except that they’re the ones that are involved with the highest risks of transmitting it through that mode. And unfortunately we know that anal receptive intercourse is associated with a relatively high condom failure rate each episode. I understand, people want to be able to donate blood. And feel that they’re doing good. And I’ve heard, “Well we use protection,” or, “I’m monogamous.” The problem is that if you use protection each time, you may not know that it failed. And unfortunately you could have become infected then.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/many-gay-...ood-u-s-2/

(10-05-2017, 10:39 AM)Prince Wrote: I’m suddenly a SJW? Would a SJW openly use the word faggot? I don’t think so! Try harder Goose!

SJW are often the worst bigots.
Wait none of this was snark?
[Image: giphy.gif]
---
KING OF AFRICA | KING OF POP | GOD OF MUSIC AND DANCE | GUARDIAN OF POPFN
T H E . L E G E N D . F O R M E R L Y . K N O W N . A S . V A N D R O S S