🍰 yc birthday celebrate

Shudu - Black 3D Instagram Model Making Money for White Man

Here now: 1 Guest(s)

[Image: xJrJGa3.png]

learning to wait till the problems show.

if the problems never show, then you're the one.
Fashion/model industry is trash
[Image: LnYDcm1.png]
(03-02-2018, 01:43 PM)Rebellious Sissy Wrote: Fashion/model industry is trash

why do you say that? Not that I don't agree. I'm just trying to understand why that's your angle on what's happening here.

(03-02-2018, 01:47 PM)Maiko Wrote:

why do you say that? Not that I don't agree. I'm just trying to understand why that's your angle on what's happening here.

From what I read in the OP they hired a white woman to look black, right? Why not just, ya know, hire a dark skin model? Makes no sense
1 person likes this: Maiko
(03-02-2018, 01:47 PM)Maiko Wrote:

Prffffft I’m playing ps rn and thought I read something completely different. Not bothered tbh
1 person likes this: Maiko
(03-02-2018, 02:07 PM)Rebellious Sissy Wrote:
(03-02-2018, 01:47 PM)Maiko Wrote: why do you say that? Not that I don't agree. I'm just trying to understand why that's your angle on what's happening here.

From what I read in the OP they hired a white woman to look black, right? Why not just, ya know, hire a dark skin model? Makes no sense

Lmao! The woman is fake. All computer Graphics.

On one hand, it's really innovating and where I felt the industry would always go. With computer generated models.

On the flip side, he was only to achieve this with a striking black model. If he used a white woman, no one would have bat an eye.

But he's able to make money through this 3D model wearing t-shirts and stuff. It's pretty funny.

We are officially in the future.
1 person likes this: Rebellious Sissy

He did it with a black male model too, but disabled it after the backlash

[Image: b1bH498.jpg]

@Bo thoughts?

Is CG going to disrupt the modeling industry?

Omg fenty beauty booked her 💀💀💀

https://www.instagram.com/p/Be9gN4qgnLc/...e=ig_embed

(03-02-2018, 02:51 PM)Maiko Wrote: @Bo thoughts?

Is CG going to disrupt the modeling industry?

It might as well. I don’t know... to me models are mostly ugly people. The fact they’re real people makes it worse. So yes CG alternatives are welcome. They’ll be easier to look at because they’re fake and there’s solace in all things fake.
[Image: 4XlcTQw.jpg]
They can stay mad. This is art
I ain't one-sided, I'm open-minded
I'm fifty-fifty and I'm never gonna hide it
“Making money” how, exactly?
using a 3d model for fashion is absolutely brilliant , if you hired an identical model then the white man is still going to profit , except one poc getting paid . do we have to pay a minority every time theyre depicted in art to compensate ?
2 people like this: Maiko, Rebellious Sissy
(03-03-2018, 11:13 PM)PGOAT Wrote: using a 3d model for fashion is absolutely brilliant , if you hired an identical model then the white man is still going to profit , except one poc getting paid . do we have to pay a minority every time theyre depicted in art to compensate ?

Lmao. Not at all. There's just a sad moral thing happening. If you don't satisfy your obligations morally nowadays and it's visible to the people, then you won't get their business.