🍰 yc birthday celebrate

Spotify removes R.Kelly and XXXTentacion’s music from its playlists

Here now: 1 Guest(s)

[Image: r-kelly-performs-at-allstate-arena-on-ma...linois.jpg]

R.Kelly and XXXTentacion's music will no longer appear in any of Spotify's editorial or algorithmic playlists, Billboard reports. The move comes under the streaming service's new public hate content and hateful conduct policy and is effective as of this morning, May 10.

As a result of the move both artist's music will disappear from any genre and mood-based playlists and will no longer be eligible for inclusion in popular playlists such as RapCaviar, Discover Weekly, and New Music Friday.

"We are removing R. Kelly’s music from all Spotify owned and operated playlists and algorithmic recommendations such as Discover Weekly," Spotify told Billboard. "His music will still be available on the service, but Spotify will not actively promote it. We don’t censor content because of an artist’s or creator’s behavior, but we want our editorial decisions -- what we choose to program -- to reflect our values. When an artist or creator does something that is especially harmful or hateful, it may affect the ways we work with or support that artist or creator."

A rep for Spotify confirmed to the New York Times that the same rule goes for XXXTentacion. His music was on the popular RapCaviar on Wednesday but now no longer features. The chart-topping rapper faces charges in Florida of aggrevated battery of a pregnant woman, domestic battery by strangulation, and false imprisonment.

In April Kelly was accused of imprisonment and sexual misconduct by an anonymous woman. In 2017, R. Kelly faced allegations of abuse, "brainwashing," and controlling behavior while earlier this year it was alleged Kelly had boasted to a former partner about "training" girls as young as 14 for sex. Kelly denies all allegations.

http://www.thefader.com/2018/05/10/spoti...ource=tftw
Why are they penalising black men only?
2 people like this: purple/sky/bubble, Keith
Fuck yall.
I’ve still gotta bump It’s Your World Jumbo
(05-10-2018, 11:34 AM)Daemon Wrote: Why are they penalising black men only?

name a white predator making music.
[Image: snaps-about-nbc-news-special-event-on-sn...t-760w.gif]
(05-10-2018, 01:55 PM)PACMAN Wrote:
(05-10-2018, 11:34 AM)Daemon Wrote: Why are they penalising black men only?

name a white predator making music.

dr luke?
2 people like this: Lex, PACMAN
Fuck yall.
[Image: ycx70flgqezp4vjjt5k4.jpg]

Spotify apparently no longer wants to promote terrible people across its streaming platform. That’s the undercurrent of its freshly announced “Hate Content and Hateful Conduct Public Policy.” The meandering statement revealed that Spotify is establishing a number of external and internal policing methods for content.

The first artist affected by this change appears to have been r&b singer R. Kelly. In a statement to Gizmodo, Spotify said: “We are removing R. Kelly’s music from all Spotify owned and operated playlists and algorithmic recommendations such as Discover Weekly. His music will still be available on the service, but Spotify will not actively promote it.”

With the new policy, the Swedish music service has partnered with The Anti-Defamation League, Color Of Change, GLAAD, International Network Against Cyber Hate, Muslim Advocates The Southern Poverty Law Center, and Showing Up for Racial Justice. There is also now a support page for everyday users of the platform to report potentially offensive content.

https://gizmodo.com/spotify-to-stop-prom...ssion=true
We all keep dreaming, and luckily, dreams come true.
Tay-K is removed from playlists as well
How about red hot chili peppers? Marilyn Manson? Tekashi 69? David Bowie? Aerosmith?
If they don't start targeting the Original offenders as well I'm rly gonna ditch this service
And how was r Kelly's content hate speech???
(05-11-2018, 06:45 AM)Lex Wrote: How about red hot chili peppers? Marilyn Manson? Tekashi 69? David Bowie? Aerosmith?

Bowie doesn't get money from streaming since, you know, he is dead.

Aerosmith and RHCP aren't that present in their playlists now, I guess. Spotify is pretty known for their rap/pop playlists rather than rock or whatever so it's no wonder why they aimed it on rappers and R. Kelly first.

6ix9ine will be removed soon, I think.
(05-11-2018, 07:43 AM)YoungCarter Wrote:
(05-11-2018, 06:45 AM)Lex Wrote: How about red hot chili peppers? Marilyn Manson? Tekashi 69? David Bowie? Aerosmith?

Bowie doesn't get money from streaming since, you know, he is dead.

Aerosmith and RHCP aren't that present in their playlists now, I guess. Spotify is pretty known for their rap/pop playlists rather than rock or whatever so it's no wonder why they aimed it on rappers and R. Kelly first.

But theyre still promoting them on their playlists. Also worth noting is that all of those artists have more monthly listeners than R Kelly. Anti-blackness/black hypervisibility is showing
(05-11-2018, 08:11 AM)Lex Wrote:
(05-11-2018, 07:43 AM)YoungCarter Wrote: Bowie doesn't get money from streaming since, you know, he is dead.

But theyre still promoting them on their playlists. Also worth noting is that all of those artists have more monthly listeners than R Kelly. Anti-blackness/black hypervisibility is showing

rock playlists aren't as promoted as RapCaviar

and there are the whole petitions to remove R. Kelly from streaming services
Good
1 person likes this: Bruddaman
We all keep dreaming, and luckily, dreams come true.
(05-10-2018, 02:28 PM)Daemon Wrote:
(05-10-2018, 01:55 PM)PACMAN Wrote: name a white predator making music.

dr luke?

girl, you know I meant in the same way R Kelly or a XXXtenacion is (lead artist, being playlisted on spotify).

regardless I already found some, people are now calling for spotify to deal with those people too.

iggy
1 person likes this: Bruddaman