Extremely excited to announce: YC's Birthday! 🎂🎁🎈 🎉Say Happy Birthday

Taylor, Lorde & Ed Sheeran Are Reportedly Ditching The Grammys

Here now: 1 Guest(s)

[Image: taylor-swift-lorde-grammys-ed-sheeran-ju...-ditch.jpg]

It appears the music industry's distaste for awards shows is growing increasingly stronger. In recent years, massive stars like Justin Bieber and Drake have chosen to skip the ceremony altogether because they feel like it doesn't accurately represent talent and artistry, and the 2018 awards show will have a couple more noticeably absent nominees.

According to a new report from Hits Daily Double, Justin Timberlake won't perform/appear because he's preparing for the Super Bowl Halftime Show, but it's worth mentioning he's had bad blood with the Recording Academy for years – he reportedly felt like they snubbed The 20/20 Experience from some major categories.

There's also some major chatter that Ed Sheeran won't show, either, because the RA kept him from some of the top categories to avoid another #GrammysSoWhite controversy. By not including a white performer for the sake of being PC is also problematic.

HDD also claims Taylor Swift is "declining to appear."

Ditto for Lorde. The Melodrama singer is the only female singer nominated in the Album of the Year category, so it's very odd that she won't attend. The site is speculating that the RA did not ask her to perform, and that made Lorde's team "extremely unhappy." Guess she won't be receiving the AOTY award...

Previously announced 2018 Grammys performers include Alessia Cara, Cardi B, Kesha, Lady Gaga, Bruno Mars, Pink, SZA and more.

Source
We all keep dreaming, and luckily, dreams come true.
WHO CAAAAAARES
I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Man, a lover, a wife, a queen. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits
thx
And sometimes we make it and sometimes we fake it,
but we get one step closer each and everyday, we'll figure it out on the way...
[Image: uhygCFo.gif]

#Whiteout ?
;)  
(01-17-2018, 07:10 PM)Rainbow Wrote: There's also some major chatter that Ed Sheeran won't show, either, because the RA kept him from some of the top categories to avoid another #GrammysSoWhite controversy. By not including a white performer for the sake of being PC is also problematic.

why nobody just won't admit that Divide wasn't a good album in the first place?