Happy Birthday, popfn!Say Happy Birthday to Her

Westworld | Season 1

Here now: 1 Guest(s)

[Image: 465_1024x411.jpg]

A series inspired by the 1973 film of the same title written by Michael Crichton about a futuristic theme park populated by artificial beings.

Creators: Lisa Joy, Jonathan Nolan

http://www.hbo.com/westworld
3 people like this: YoungCarter, Lex, Tee
ⴰⵎⴰⵣⵉⵖ
Im currently watching episode 3 and this is very good. I'm liking how slow the artificial consciousness is awakened. I don't want things happening too fast.

Some of the dialogue is a little corny, but that's on purpose, cause the character in the Park have to stick to the script. It's set in a park and the narratives/scripts are written by this guy, who's actually not very creative. I don't know why he's still working there. Anthony Hopkins' character dragged him good. But every now and then they go off script and it's fascinating to me.

But so they keep writing new stories and characters, but using their old bots and some of these bots are starting to "remember" their old "lives".

I love it, cause it's believable and is giving these characters a real reason to revolt.
2 people like this: YoungCarter, Tee
ⴰⵎⴰⵣⵉⵖ
When the programmer called his wife and they talked about their late son and said "This pain... is all I have left of him" :(
1 person likes this: YoungCarter
ⴰⵎⴰⵣⵉⵖ
it's so slow but it's so interesting at the same time. Breaking Bad teas. osgwel
Ewww, Ben Barnes' character is so interesting but they're focussing on his boring friend. Why?
ⴰⵎⴰⵣⵉⵖ
My favorite character so far is Bernard

[Image: westworld-wright.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=600]
ⴰⵎⴰⵣⵉⵖ
Im gonna watch episode 4.

I like the intro, but it feels a bit Game of Thrones-y. I know they got the same composer for this, but it's not as distinctive.

Evan Rachel Wood's performance is really good. I'm impressed. A bit dramatic, but she's so endearing.
ⴰⵎⴰⵣⵉⵖ
(10-31-2016, 09:47 AM)Ressti Wrote: Im gonna watch episode 4.

I like the intro, but it feels a bit Game of Thrones-y. I know they got the same composer for this, but it's not as distinctive.

Evan Rachel Wood's performance is really good. I'm impressed. A bit dramatic, but she's so endearing.

it was made by the same studio if I'm not mistaken.

Anyway some of current HBO intros have the similar mood.
1 person likes this: Auryn
I want more on Maeve!

[Image: giphy.gif]

I feel like she's gonna "wake up" first.

I guess, Doloros is already ahead of her, but she's close.
2 people like this: YoungCarter, Dhipita
ⴰⵎⴰⵣⵉⵖ
i neeeed to watch this
2 people like this: Auryn, YoungCarter
I was right! Maeve woke up first! Queen.

anyway

ⴰⵎⴰⵣⵉⵖ
I still haven't watched Ep 2 :|
2 people like this: Auryn, YoungCarter
(05-28-2016, 12:52 PM)Maiko Wrote: GoT is awful. I really don't get why they are so obsessed with it. The most overrated show of all time.

[Image: rmRrLcr.gif]
(10-31-2016, 06:53 PM)Tee Wrote: I still haven't watched Ep 2 :|

Hurry up so we can discuss
2 people like this: Tee, YoungCarter
ⴰⵎⴰⵣⵉⵖ
I really don't like William.

Some people are saying
there's multiple timelines and that William
[Image: Episode-2-William.jpg?resize=200%2C200]

is the man in black
[Image: Ed-Harris-as-The-Man-in-Black-credit-Joh...14x228.jpg]

So the whole Dolores-William-Logan timeline is set in the past, while everything else is set in the future or "present" of that story.

So some are speculating that maybe Bernard is a host, Arnold's host. Ford's old partner, the one who died.

So if Bernard is a host modeled after Arnold.. I don't quite understand the comment from Ford about Bernard's late son... What effect would that have on a host? They're not human, they don't feel things unless you make them.

Ford reminds us several times throughout these 5 episodes, that they feel only what you tell them to and that they're not real people, he wouldn't feel the need to tell Bernard that his son's death was still weighing on him. Ford simple wouldn't believe it was a factor and probably wouldn't have programmed that memory into the model in the first place. So that makes no sense to me.

I don't buy any of it lol
ⴰⵎⴰⵣⵉⵖ
they went really smart with a soundtrack.

when I've heard that piano version of No Surprises. osgwel