😔 happy birthday rainbow ugh be nice

Why can't Brandy sell?

Here now: 1 Guest(s)

In the 90's up until Britney debuted NO other teen was doing numbers like her. She was the it girl with a hit show, albums, merchandise(barbie), movies, a grammy, the LONGEST charting #1 duet

After Afrodisiac her sales FELL off. Why is that? What does Brandy have to do regain her dominance on the charts like she once had.

[Image: bran.jpg]
[Image: brandy-norwood-gif-bet.gif]
This thread is one way not to get my snapchat Bye1
Fuck yall.
She should work with max Martin
We all keep dreaming, and luckily, dreams come true.
I've never liked her music all that much tbh.
Some singles were good. Maybe if she had better singles that did well, it would push album sales.
I liked Right Here/Departed, that song when she's hitting shit with a baseball bat in the video, TBIM, and I Wanna be down, and the remix. But dassit
BabyCantYouSee
The GP realized she was a fraud and how Monica is so much better.
1 person likes this: GrandmomCookies
Making Popfn a Better Place
(10-16-2017, 12:52 PM)Keith Wrote: The GP realized she was a fraud and how Monica is so much better.

Monica can't sell either, though Still Standing surprisingly was a cute success

I loved Brandy but she was a fad like most RnB chicks of the 90's-early 00's. As soon as a certain someone came onto the scene these girls started falling like dominos and by 2005-2006 they were all done
ride it, my pony
(10-16-2017, 01:07 PM)Godspeed Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 12:52 PM)Keith Wrote: The GP realized she was a fraud and how Monica is so much better.

Monica can't sell either, though Still Standing surprisingly was a cute success

I loved Brandy but she was a fad like most RnB chicks of the 90's-early 00's. As soon as a certain someone came onto the scene these girls started falling like dominos and by 2005-2006 they were all done

Monica was never the strong seller Brandy was anyway so her fall wasn't as bad. Monica made music for the hood and they still use her to this day. Brandy on the other hand made music for everyone and no one seems to care for her anymore.
1 person likes this: GrandmomCookies
Making Popfn a Better Place
(10-16-2017, 01:25 PM)Keith Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 01:07 PM)Godspeed Wrote: Monica can't sell either, though Still Standing surprisingly was a cute success

Monica was never the strong seller Brandy was anyway so her fall wasn't as bad. Monica made music for the hood and they still use her to this day. Brandy on the other hand made music for everyone and no one seems to care for her anymore.

Tea
;)  
That whole sham wedding thing did her in and she never quite recovered. I don't there's anything that's going to change in her career. That's fine though. She had her time and made her name.

(10-15-2017, 12:42 AM)Talking_Lip Wrote: I've never liked her music all that much tbh.
Some singles were good. Maybe if she had better singles that did well, it would push album sales.
I liked Right Here/Departed, that song when she's hitting shit with a baseball bat in the video, TBIM, and I Wanna be down, and the remix. But dassit
BabyCantYouSee

No one ever points out the irony of the song title. You right here but you've departed. rip Just call it one or the other. The other song you were talking with the bat is "What About Us" and yes it's incredible.
#7PlatinumAlbums Feelinmyself
Her artistic and aesthetic peak with Afrodisiac was paid dust so now she's just going to put out albums frontliaded with basic mid tempo bangers and stock R&B filler
Cuz sans her driver's license, she's uninteresting.
"Yuh mudda cyat 3rd world!" - Trini to French Montana.