Happy Birthday to the Queen ! !!! 🥰🤴🏿👑Say HBD Lance

is this song problematic

Here now: 1 Guest(s)

Aura (formally known as Aura Dione) is a popular danish singer

[Image: 2c644f6c7e7f8225d3cd2377801425b4.jpg]

here are her biggest hits in denmark

she recently released her third studio album, Can't Steal the Music. one of the tracks is called "gay boy"

listen here

is it problematic in endorsing the "every woman should have a male gay best friend" token?

lyrics:

Have your heart on your sleeve
You light up the street
Not afraid to be deep
You're all I need

You make me laugh
When I want to cry
I see myself through your eyes

You pick up my dress
Help me to choose
You found that lipstick
That I'll never use
You make me feel beautiful

Cause you're my favorite gay boy
My night and day boy
It never ends
You are my favorite rainbow
Champagne and disco
My closest friend
I want everyone to know
That you're my favorite
You're my favorite

We can be fools
And we can be young
You know the words to all of my songs

Don't ever change
Just to fit in
So fabulous is never a sin

You pick up my dress
Help me to choose
You found that lipstick
That I'll never use

My night and day boy
It never ends
You're my favorite rainbow
Champagne and disco
My closest friend
I want everyone to know
That you're my favorite
You're my favorite gay boy
My favorite gay boy

You pick up my dress
Help me to choose
You found that lipstick
That I'll never use
You shine like the stars
First on the scene
Later we joke about who is the queen
My night and day boy
It never ends
You're my favorite rainbow
Champagne and disco
My closest friend
I want everyone to know
That you're my favorite
You're my favorite
I want everyone to know
That you're my favorite
You're my favorite gay boy
We all keep dreaming, and luckily, dreams come true.
no
1 person likes this: Rainbow
I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Man, a lover, a wife, a queen. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits
No.
Problematic? Idk. Unrealistic? Very.
This is so cute lmao.

I think this song is cute, but I think the idea every woman should have a gay man makes me feel like a dog that they accessorize with to give them attention when their husbands can't rip
1 person likes this: Rainbow
Ironically, it is often best for them to remain where they are comfortable – out of the spotlight – where the natural confidence prevalent in Architects as they work with the familiar can serve as its own beacon, attracting people, romantically or otherwise, of similar temperament and interests.
I mean, I'm kinda over gays' being offended (especially white gays), but substitute "gay boy" with "black boy" and then tell me that this song isn't problematic.
1 person likes this: Lex
(05-30-2017, 07:23 PM)Hill Wrote: I mean, I'm kinda over gays' being offended (especially white gays), but substitute "gay boy" with "black boy" and then tell me that this song isn't problematic.

race and sexuality aren't equivalent.
hang it up rosie o donnell.

++++++++++++++++++

no. it's just a dumb song.
(05-30-2017, 07:58 PM)PACMAN Wrote:
(05-30-2017, 07:23 PM)Hill Wrote: I mean, I'm kinda over gays' being offended (especially white gays), but substitute "gay boy" with "black boy" and then tell me that this song isn't problematic.

race and sexuality aren't equivalent.

++++++++++++++++++

you're missing the point of ending racism and homophobia if you don't realize that it's all about underlying prejudices against groups of people that you don't actually know anything about
(05-30-2017, 08:04 PM)Hill Wrote:
(05-30-2017, 07:58 PM)PACMAN Wrote: race and sexuality aren't equivalent.

++++++++++++++++++

you're missing the point of ending racism and homophobia if you don't realize that it's all about underlying prejudices against groups of people that you don't actually know anything about

you cannot equate the two (at least in america) where there's 400 years of history that clearly put race on a completely different level and playing field than sexuality.

and don't make me start getting all technical and turn it into a ranking system based on how down south, people are more respectful to white gays than a straight poc.

it isn't equal or worth comparing. it's a disservice to both (which someone can be part of both groups and suffer worse)

iggy
2 people like this: Lex, NubianKing
(05-30-2017, 08:08 PM)PACMAN Wrote:
(05-30-2017, 08:04 PM)Hill Wrote: you're missing the point of ending racism and homophobia if you don't realize that it's all about underlying prejudices against groups of people that you don't actually know anything about

you cannot equate the two (at least in america) where there's 400 years of history that clearly put race on a completely different level and playing field than sexuality.

and don't make me start getting all technical and turn it into a ranking system based on how down south, people are more respectful to white gays than a straight poc.

it isn't equal or worth comparing. it's a disservice to both (which someone can be part of both groups and suffer worse)

iggy

you're trying to make this what it isn't

saying that homophobia isn't as serious as racism in the US today doesn't mean that homophobia should be allowed.

I feel like stereotyping homosexuals has been so culturally commonplace that it's just readily accepted. there's hardly a gay character in any media that wasn't created with stereotypes and those stereotypes are often used for comedic effect.

I think these portrayals contribute to the self-hatred of so many homosexual men. too many of them get caught up in not being the stereotypes that they refuse to be themselves and react with vitriol to any homosexual man who does act 'stereotypically', even though xe is probably just being xyrself.
PACMAN completely misunderstanding Hill's first post.

iggy
1 person likes this: Maiko
(05-30-2017, 10:15 PM)Hill Wrote: you're trying to make this what it isn't

saying that homophobia isn't as serious as racism in the US today doesn't mean that homophobia should be allowed.

I feel like stereotyping homosexuals has been so culturally commonplace that it's just readily accepted. there's hardly a gay character in any media that wasn't created with stereotypes and those stereotypes are often used for comedic effect.

I think these portrayals contribute to the self-hatred of so many homosexual men. too many of them get caught up in not being the stereotypes that they refuse to be themselves and react with vitriol to any homosexual man who does act 'stereotypically', even though xe is probably just being xyrself.

this is all cute anecdotally but...

THE SONG ISN'T BLATANTLY HOMOPHOBIC

it's cringe-y but to flatout say homophobic is a disservice to actual homophobia. it's just like when poc get mad over "cultural appropriation" that isn't even appropriating in a BAD way (like someone having braids) and is closer to appreciation. people frame things how they want to and make things a bigger deal than it actually is. meanwhile, nobody is putting thought into the actual homophobia, racism, etc. taking place because you desensitize people to the topics by using these lessor/weaker arguments that can be argued either way fairly.

[Image: 2.gif.c1eee75988a28b310977505088f7b212.gif]
2 people like this: Lex, purple/sky/bubble
(05-30-2017, 10:18 PM)lex Wrote: PACMAN completely misunderstanding Hill's first post.

iggy

check my last post and tell me i still don't understand.
let's see how smart you wanna pretend to be on this topic.
the nerve of anyone to say i don't understand sjw topics when im the resident sjw whisperer?

what is this opposite day mess? cut it out!
(05-30-2017, 10:23 PM)PACMAN Wrote:
(05-30-2017, 10:18 PM)lex Wrote: PACMAN completely misunderstanding Hill's first post.

iggy

check my last post and tell me i still don't understand.
let's see how smart you wanna pretend to be on this topic.

Hill said he's tired of gays being offended by such small things like this. But then he said if the lyrics were changed to "Black Boy" instead of "Gay Boy," it would actually be more problematic which is true. And that's what you're arguing for, no?

iggy